This is a guide with instructions and best practices surrounding a Qlik Enterprise Manager upgrade. Qlik Enterprise Manager provides a single point of control for designing, executing, and monitoring Qlik Replicate and Compose tasks.
To upgrade Enterprise Manager:
1. Keep the current QEM service running on the server. The upgrade process will handle stopping the service.
2. Back up the Enterprise Manager data folder to a location outside the product folder. The default data folder location is C:\Program Files\Attunity\Enterprise Manager\data.
In this example, I back up to C:\temp.
3. Download the software
4. Extract the files to a location you can find
5. Run the Enterprise Manager as Administrator
Select 'Yes' for the question prompt.
6. Follow the steps in the setup wizard to install the new version.
The QEM service will be running post upgrade. You can open by searching for 'console' in windows search bar.
If you notice an issue with the upgrade, please try the following first:
1. Stop all the Enterprise Manager services.
2. Overwrite the data folder with the data folder that you backed up earlier.
3. Start all the Enterprise Manager services.
If there are still problems, and you need to revert to a previous version, then do:
1. Uninstall the product
2. Reinstall the previous QEM version (that you upgraded from) to the same directory.
2. Once the installation is complete, stop all Enterprise Manager services.
3. Overwrite the data directory with the data directory that you backed up earlier.
4. Start all Enterprise Manager services.
If you are still experiencing issues with the software post upgrade or after reverting, please contact Support.
The information in this article is provided as-is and to be used at own discretion. Depending on tool(s) used, customization(s), and/or other factors ongoing support on the solution below may not be provided by Qlik Support.