Third-party extensions cannot be exported in Qlik Sense Business/Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS.
- Qlik Sense Business
- Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS
At the moment, the fact that third-party extensions are not allowed for export has been a conscious decision.
Qlik is working on removing this restriction, but it will require a deeper analysis and a decision at Legal/Architectural/Product Management levels.
The current status of the work to resolve this issue is in development, but there is no timeframe for release.
Here is additional detail for context:
- Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS uses a different mechanism for printing and exporting content than Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows.
- In Qlik Sense SaaS a reporting service REST API is used to process these requests.
- 3rd-party visualizations (those not supported natively by Qlik) are not exportable through this service for security reasons.
- The way the export / extract process works in Qlik Sense SaaS is it runs the visualization code in a microservice.
- It was discovered in security testing that 3rd party extensions (i.e. 3rd party code) executed in this service may contain malicious code that could attack the system and have a material impact on the customer's Qlik Sense instance and Qlik Sense on Cloud Services as a whole.