Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Qlik Sense February 2023 and later: Apps listed as clickable links in the Qlik Sense Management Console

100% helpful (1/1)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joseph_Musekura
Support
Support

Qlik Sense February 2023 and later: Apps listed as clickable links in the Qlik Sense Management Console

Last Update:

Feb 9, 2024 3:54:19 AM

Updated By:

Sonja_Bauernfeind

Created date:

Mar 13, 2023 10:08:36 AM

From Qlik Sense February 2023 onwards, apps listed in the Qlik Sense Management Console (Apps view) are now represented with clickable links. Clicking them will open the app directly on the hub.

This means the app names are no longer plain grey text but are now formatted as links (blue, underline). See Apps for details.

Example: 

app list in the qlik sense management console.png

To disable clickable links in the Management Console:

1. On your Qlik Sense Enterprise Server, go to C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\CapabilityService
  2. Open capabilities.json (using for example Notepad++)
  3. Search for flag QmcOpenAppInHub 
    Example:
    {
    "contentHash":"2ae4a99c9f17ab76e1eeb27bc4211874",
    "originalClassName":"FeatureToggle",
    "flag":"QmcOpenAppInHub",
    "enabled":true
    },
  4. Change "enabled":true to "enabled":false
  5. Save and close the capabilities.json file
  6. Restart the Qlik Sense Service Dispatcher service from the Windows services console
  7. The links are now disabled

Known Limitation

Using only a custom virtual proxy prefix is currently not compatible. The default virtual proxy prefix must be accessible as the link generated will always refer to it.

Qlik is actively working on improving this feature: SHEND-1197.

Environment

Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows February 2023 and above

Labels (1)
Comments
AnandKu
Employee
Employee

Hi there , How will this respect if i have app via virtual proxy prefix ?

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @AnandKu 

Can you clarify your question? This article specifically documents a change in behaviour, where previously plain text names were changed to clickable links in the management console App overview. Can you clarify what you mean what you mean with "respect if you have app via virtual proxy prefix?"

Do you mean if the app is load balanced to only load on a specific node?

All the best,
Sonja 

PaulORourke
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Is there a way to turn that off / revert behaviour to same as previous versions and not have apps displayed as links in qmc\apps page?

Thanks, Paul

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @PaulORourke 

We have identified a way for you to turn off the link generation and will update the article with instructions. I will let you know when we are done.

All the best,
Sonja 

Joseph_Musekura
Support
Support

Hello @PaulORourke ,

To add to above comments, a workaround is to "Disable the flag called QmcOpenAppInHub in capability service".

From the Qlik Sense Machine
1. Go to C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\CapabilityService
2. Open capabilities.json with notepad or notepad++ for an edit.
3. Find below flag QmcOpenAppInHub in the opened above file (search for "QmcOpenAppInHub")
{
"contentHash":"2ae4a99c9f17ab76e1eeb27bc4211874",
"originalClassName":"FeatureToggle",
"flag":"QmcOpenAppInHub",
"enabled":true
},
4. Change "enabled":true to "enabled":false
5. Save and close the capabilities.json file
6. Restart the Qlik Sense Service Dispatcher service from windows services.
Then refresh the QMC. The app links should be gone.
/joseph

kouroshkarimi
Creator III
Creator III

@Sonja_Bauernfeind I suspect the poster is encountering the same issue we are; in that links shown in the QMC App list do not include the virtual proxy prefix. 

i.e: a link to an app in the QMC is https://myserver/sense/app/appGUID whereas this will present a 404 as the actual link would be https://myserver/virtualproxy/sense/app/appGUID 

How do we resolve this please?

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @kouroshkarimi 

I assume you want to maintain the clickable links, but make sure they work. A way to disable them is listed above.

As for what you described looks like a defect or limitation to me. Let me test this in my environment, but I would need more information: How is your environment set up and how are you accessing the management console as you are encountering a virtual proxy?  I would not be surprised if we only support the clickable links from the central node rather than a virtual proxy. 

All the best,
Sonja 

Jorge_FR
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I found the same issue reported by @kouroshkarimi .

My scenario was as follows:

(August 2023 version)

I added a prefix to the default virtual proxy.

I got the QMC with the new url.

When I clicked on the hyperlink of the app, I received a "The requested resource cannot be found. The URL is unknown." .

Thank you for your assistance.

Jorge

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @Jorge_FR 

Thank you for the instructions on how to reproduce this. I have set up the same in my test environment (August 2023).

I did two tests.

First, I set up a new virtual proxy, which points to the central engine for load balancing and is linked to the central node proxy.

Sonja_Bauernfeind_0-1699524931616.png

This worked fine. What I noticed, though, is that when the app is opened, it will use the URL of the central virtual proxy, meaning the prefix is stripped from the URL:

Sonja_Bauernfeind_2-1699525266048.png

Then, I added a prefix to the central virtual proxy (as you described) and ran the same test.

This fails, as it tries to use the URL without a prefix.

We will need a support case to get this properly logged and investigated (is it a defect or limitation?). I can log this ticket for you, or you can log it yourself. Feel free to use my text and images if you decide to log one yourself. If you want me to log it for you (in your name), I will do so.

All the best,
Sonja 

Jorge_FR
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Sonja,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I appreciate your thorough testing and documentation of the issue. I agree that it would be best to log a support case to properly investigate whether this is a defect or a limitation. I appreciate your offer to log the ticket for me.

Kind regards,

Jorge

Version history
Last update:
‎2024-02-09 03:54 AM
Updated by: