Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Replicate - MySQL source defect and fix (2022.5 & 2022.11)

No ratings
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john_wang
Support
Support

Replicate - MySQL source defect and fix (2022.5 & 2022.11)

Last Update:

Apr 13, 2024 4:03:40 AM

Updated By:

john_wang

Created date:

Jan 28, 2023 7:00:55 AM

Replicate reported errors during resume task if source MySQL running on Windows (while MySQL running on Linux then no problem)

[SOURCE_CAPTURE ]I: Stream positioning at context '$.000034:3506:-1:3506:0'
[SOURCE_CAPTURE ]T: Read next binary log event failed; mariadb_rpl_fetch error 1236 (Could not find first log file name in binary log index file)

Replicate reported errors at MySQL source endpoints sometimes (does not matter what's the MySQL source platforms):

[SOURCE_CAPTURE ]W: The given Source Change Position points inside a transaction. Replicate will ignore this transaction and will capture events from the next BEGIN or DDL events.

Environment:

• Replicate 2022.5   PR4 (2022.5.0.815)
  • Replicate 2022.11 PR1 (2022.11.0.289)
  • MySQL source database , any version

Fix Version & Resolution:

Upgrade to Replicate 2022.11 PR2 (2022.11.0.394, released already) or higher, or Replicate 2022.5 PR5 (coming soon)

Workaround:

If you are running 2022.5 PR3 (or lower), then keep run it, or upgrade to PR5 (or higher) .

No workaround for 2022.11 (GA, or PR01) .

Cause & Internal Investigation ID(s):

Jira: RECOB-6526 , Description: It would not be possible to resume a task if MySQL Server was on Windows

Jira: RECOB-6499 , Description: Resuming a task from a CTI event, would sometimes result in missing events or/and a redundant warning message

Related Content:

support case #00066196

support case #00063985 (#00049357)

Qlik Replicate - MySQL source defect and fix (2023.11)

Qlik Replicate 

Comments
brunnovb_in
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hello,

Where/when will 2022.11 PR2 be available?

I couldn't see this version under Product Downloads in the Qlik portal.

Tks,

Brunno.

SwathiPulagam
Support
Support

Hi @brunnovb_in ,

Below is the file cloud link for 2022.11 SP02 installation files:

https://files.qlik.com/url/2emizytniwidttvd

Thanks,

Swathi

narendersarva
Support
Support

Hello @brunnovb_in,

You can also check download links under this link

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Product-Downloads/tkb-p/Downloads?_ga=2.246948996.1424938220.164665918...

Thanks,
Naren

AlexOmetis
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

@narendersarva except for some reason not all releases of the QDI products are added there, they seem to be made available ad-hoc to customers on request via the files link. I've found this weird for years - not sure why it's done so differently from Qlik Sense etc and causes confusion over what the latest release is. 

narendersarva
Support
Support

Hi @AlexOmetis,

I am able to download the latest version from the link I shared below.

Please make sure to filter the products correctly.

narendersarva_0-1675361614031.png

Thanks
Naren

brunnovb_in
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hello @narendersarva,

This one we can see, but I'd like to get this one: 2022.11.0.394. It was possible through Swathi Pulagam post (link).

Thanks,

Brunno.

AlexOmetis
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

@narendersarva  - as @brunnovb_in  showed, it only shows the Initial Release, to get PR02 you have to go to the individual files link that @SwathiPulagam sent... and if you needed PR01 for some reason, you'd have to ask for a different link...

narendersarva
Support
Support

Hi @AlexOmetis@brunnovb_in 

Looks like in the Release Assets section for some reason Latest Release and Patch is not updating to the latest available patch. I will reach out to our internal teams and see if they can fix it.

Thanks
Naren

AlexOmetis
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

@narendersarva  I imagine it's because it's not been uploaded to the central Qlik download site on GitHub - I assume the downloads app automatically generates its content from there: Releases · qlik-download/replicate · GitHub

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

The public downloads page only includes GA (initial release) and service release versions. Service packs, which occur between service releases, are only available by opening a support case and requesting a download link.

Contributors
Version history
Last update:
a week ago
Updated by: