The QlikView Management Console can be configured to display any potentially disconnected or wrongly added Reload Engines which would otherwise not be shown.
This can be necessary if you have previously added a QlikView Server node which has been mistakenly recorded as having a Reload Engine. This engine cannot be removed, as it will not be displayed in the Management Console by default.
To make the engine visible:
- Stop the QlikView services
- Navigate to:
C:\Program Files\QlikView\Management Service (default location)
- Open QVManagementService.exe.config
- Locate the following entry:
<!-- Possibility to make Reload Engines visible under Setup/System Distribution services -->
<add key="ShowReloadEngines" value="false"/>
- Change the "false" in the ShowReloadEngines add key line to "true"
- Save the file
- Start all the QlikView Services
- The Reload Engine will now be visible in the Management Console and can now be removed.