Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
QlikSenseUpdates
Employee
Employee

Qlik Sense September 2017 is now available from our Customer Download Site.    You can also try out many of the new capabilities in Qlik Sense Cloud‌ where you can use Qlik Sense Cloud Basic for free or try Qlik Sense Cloud Business with a free 30 day trial.

You will find many new features and capabilities in this release including:

• For Business Users
        • Waterfall Chart - You can now illustrate how an initial value is affected by intermediate positive and negative values with the new waterfall chart. For example, you can show the positive and negative contributions of different accounts in an income statement.
        • Recent Colors- The color picker in Qlik Sense now displays the five most recent colors selected in Qlik Sense
        • Expression Driven Labels – Provides the ability to use expressions in labels for dimensions and measures in property pane.  E.g. This allows you to add dynamically calculated values into the labels on your charts.
        • Box Plot Chart Improvements – Addition of lasso and range selection, reference lines, and vertical orientation in the box plot chart that was introduced in June.
        • Pivot Table Improvements – Ability to expand and collapse all items within a pivot table.
        • Data Manager Sequential Operations - Improvements to Data manager enable you to perform sequential transformations on your tables and fields. Where previously you were limited in what transformations you could perform together, such as being able to apply a single data profiling card transformation on a single field, you can now use the data profiling cards, concatenation, calculated fields, and unpivoting data together.
      • For Administrators
        • Centralized Logging - With the introduction of shared persistence, all nodes now have direct access to a common database and file system. The new Qlik Logging Service allows administrators to configure logs to be centralized by collecting all the messages and inserting them into a PostgreSQL database to help find issues and analyze usage.
        • Qlik Sense Mobile -  This option is only available for customers who have an MDM app store hosted in-house and who have deployed Qlik Sense Enterprise.  The Qlik Sense Mobile app can be downloaded fromhttps://vpp.itunes.apple.com

• For Developers
        • Hierarchical Data API - A new hierarchical data API enables a definition that more closely reflects the visual representation of data. Benefits of the new API: Ensures little to no manipulation or transformation of data structure in the front end. / Simplifies the creation of charts./ Enables more powerful and dynamic charts.
        • Visualization API Update – Addition of new waterfall chart.
        • Extension Certification Pilot - Initial implementation of a new process for certifying extensions for Qlik Sense.. This is a limited implementation but ultimately we will offer partners the opportunity to apply for certification and to make certified extensions for sale via Qlik Market.

Attached you will find a document which outlines these features as well as an overall view of the improvements that have been released over the past 12 months. 

------------

Join us in a city near you! 

From October 3rd to November 16th we will be visiting cities around the world for the Visualize Your World tour.  Learn how Qlik’s cloud-ready analytics platform delivers value and how Qlik is building on its unique Associative Difference to drive a new wave of analytics across all your data, people, and ideas.

15 Comments
brunnovb_in
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Great!!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I guess there is a problem with the download-link, isn't it? 1 or 2 hours ago it referred to Qlik Sense Desktop June Release, actually it refers to QlikView release instead of Qlik Sense Desktop September Release.

Or is there a problem with my browser

Thanks in advance and kind regards

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Thomas, 

Thanks for pointing that out.  There was a quick step missed in updating the free desktop version.  This has been completed and the update should be fully replicated out to all the servers now.

PeggySue

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thomas,

That is VERY strange.  I just downloaded from the same two links you provided and get the September release both times.  I hate to do this to you but can you please try one more time today?  If it isn't working now, I will have to get someone from support involved.

2017-09-21 08_08_45-Qlik_Sense_Desktop_setup (4).exe Properties.png

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi PeggySue,

at first: thank you for your patience

Now I get the right version - I just used the same links above, don't know why it works now, but I am not interested in finding that out I'm very lucky to have the eagerly awaited release now.

Best regards

Thomas

0 Likes
sandeepj13
Partner - Contributor III

Looking forward to it.

0 Likes
navdeepdhadwal
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

Substantial progress towards making a best product in market.

We have been struggling with enabling extensive logging in QlikSense, is there a way to track User selections/Search keywords in QlikSense, basically user footprints. We know it is easily available in QlikView.

Thanks in advance!!

Regards,

Navdeep

0 Likes
poppypearce
Creator
Creator

Is the desktop version for September 2017 available for free Download??

0 Likes
ericdelaqua
Creator
Creator

Is it possible to add a vertical reference line to the histogram in this version?

0 Likes
sandeepj13

Yes. It is available.

0 Likes