Join Qlik Support's office-hours, recorded live, where our experts answer your questions and give more insight on our data analytics products and features. This month's topic talk is Qlik Sense Migration to Qlik Cloud.
- 00:03:34 -- Where can we learn more about using apps in the Cloud?
- 00:07:15 -- What is the time frame to allow Subscriptions to email an Excel formatted attachment?
- 00:08:01 -- When will Qlik be able to support the movement of Bookmarks, Personal Sheets, and Community sheets to cloud when doing a migration?
- 00:09:22 -- If QVDs/QVFs are encrypted on-prem, will there be issues when migrating to SaaS?
- 00:11:50 -- Is there a way to ensure that named ownership of all sheets, including private sheets, is preserved when migrating from on-prem to Cloud?
- 00:12:37 -- What is the best way to move apps from on-prem to the cloud?
- 00:13:55 -- Is there any way to bulk download script execution and user sessions logs related to our Qlik Cloud tenant for ingestion and analysis in custom dashboards?
- 00:16:35 -- What are security differences between Sense (behind a Company firewall) and SAAS? Are there 0-Trust solutions for company external Users to only see certain things in the SAAS environment?
- 00:16:52 -- If one uses multiple Tenants to solve this what is the cost and effort of maintaining multiple tenants in SAAS?"
- 00:20:07 -- When is NPrinting going to be available on SaaS?
- 00:21:25 -- Is bring your own key implemented?
- 00:23:06 -- What are best practices for migrating detailed security concepts from Qlik Sense on Windows to the Cloud? Is there a roadmap to extend the current options in terms of security?
- 00:24:25 -- The migration topic continuous classroom is available only for users with a subscription?
- 00:25:07 -- Do you recommend using Data Transfer of Qlik Data Gateway when migrating apps to Qlik Sense SaaS?
- 00:28:05 -- Is there a recommended framework or to do list for a successful migration?
- 00:29:30 -- How can the print function be integrated analogously to NPrinting?
- 00:32:00 -- The reassignment of sheets is a big issue. You can import sheets by pulling the binary, but then you cannot reassign to those users.
- 00:33:13 -- How would you approach migrating from QlikView to Qlik Sense SaaS? Most of the documentation I find all relate to Qlik CM to Qlik SaaS or QlikView to Qlik CM.
- 00:35:44 -- How to use functionalities like comments, alerting, pin on home page etc. with extension objects like VizLib?
- 00:37:20 -- Sometimes, our customers’ needs to distribution app from on prem to SaaS. The prerequisites to do that is the SLKs are the same on both environments. But, in my case the environments, the SLK is not the same, in my on-prem has SLK with multi-cloud enabled. In this case can I distribute Apps to SaaS?
- 00:39:21 -- Is there a plan to allow exporting Storyboards to PDFs in SaaS, as you can do in Enterprise?
- 00:40:40 -- I wonder about QVD PATH including folders and subfolder. Do you have a file notation or AI utility or documentation to transform i.e. folder_subfolder_pippo.qvd to folder\subfolder\pippo.qvd on QCS storage?
- 00:41:55 -- Will Qlik cloud support access to on-prem files, MS SQL databases, API calls?
- 00:43:21 -- What happens when we run the provided bat file script after generating the CSV files. Does the app (which had been selected for migration) go to the personal space or managed space or both?"
- 00:44:06 -- On prem, when a professional user was leaving the company, I was using the QMC App Objects section to give myself ownership of their sheets to revise them and assign the useful ones to their colleagues. How can I do this on SaaS? 00:45:50 -- Will Qlik cloud support section access?
- 00:46:34 -- If there is a data governance need in our business (e.g. data sovereignty rules preventing data being moved/processed outside of our region) can we still migrate to Qlik cloud?
- 00:48:10 -- For 3rd party extensions we're currently able to test them in new versions in our Enterprise test environment before we upgrade. In Cloud is it possible an extension could unexpectedly break since the upgrades happen automatically?
- 00:49:23 -- We have some specific use case On-premise on Qlik NPrinting. We generate multiple broadcasts on Excel. What can be a good solution to move it on Qlik Cloud? (We already have QlikAutomation and look a bit Qlik Enterprise reporting).
- 00:51:58 -- Most customers use integration with IDP, mainly Azure AD, but since Microsoft has disabled simple authentication, some automation and reporting functions do not work due to the need for multifactor authentication. Is there a road map for this?
- 00:54:40 -- Is there a tool recommended for migration if any?
- 00:55:27 -- Users need to duplicate public sheets (private sheets made public) to have their private sheets again after migrating an apps to cloud, is there in easiest way?
Did we answer your question? Let us know by clicking the like button!
Click here for video transcript