Skip to main content
Jennifer_Danckaert

After  months of hard work building an application, judging by Qlik and C40 Cities, and two days of voting at QlikWorld Online, the Academic Program Datathon winner has been chosen!

Congratulations to Pauline Guillet, team DataGO from Université de Technologie de Compiègne in France for winning our first ever global Qlik Academic Program Datathon!

Back in February, Qlik, Qlik.org and C40 Cities launched a Datathon where Academic Program students from all across the globe used data and Qlik software to tackle and help solve some of the issues at the heart of our current climate crisis. Students were able to pick from five challenges and a winner was announced for each challenge. During the two-day event, QlikWorld Online participants had the opportunity to watch presentations by each of our five Datathon challenge winners and then vote for their favorite. The votes are in and team DataGO was chosen as the winner! Read here for more details about team DataGO and their journey. If you were unable to attend QlikWorld Online, you may access the event and watch the Datathon presentation by going to https://vshow.on24.com/vshow/Qlik_Virtual_Forum. If you are interested in participating in a future Datathon or would like to join our program, register today for the Qlik Academic Program and receive free access to our software, training and other learning resources!

Congratulations again Pauline!

Jennifer_Danckaert_2-1593113695999.png

6 Comments
Sarah_Miller
Former Employee
Former Employee

Congrats to Pauline! I loved watching the students submissions at QlikWorld, each one was so unique and it was fun to hear from members from across the world!  I was impressed by their Qlik Sense skills, it looks like they all have wonderful analytics careers ahead of them!

Jennifer_Moore
Former Employee
Former Employee

Congratulations Pauline, wonderful presentation and solution! 

LucyBannister
Employee
Employee

Congratulations Pauline! Your passion for analytics and for fighting climate change is clear and I'm sure there are great things ahead for you! 

PaulineGUILLET
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thank you everyone, it's an honnor to be the winner ! I hope this kind of event will be done again to let other students the opportunity to work on concrete subjects like this one. Thank you @Jennifer_Danckaert  and @JulieKae  and their teams for your implication and the organisation of it and thanks to all the people who gave me advice to succeed in this challenge. 

Jennifer_Danckaert

@PaulineGUILLET  Thank you for your kind words!  We were so pleased you wanted to be part of our first ever global Qlik Academic Program Datathon!  We hope to continue with similar Datathons in the future as well.  Please keep us posted on where you end up in your career (academicprogram@qlik.com)...we would love to hear how you are doing and, hopefully, what type of work you are doing related to data analytics!!  You clearly know how to look at data and find the "insights" and then tell a story.  Thank you again for participating...we wish you all the best!!

JulieKae
Employee
Employee

Thank you Pauline! Congratulations on your terrific solution for C40!