Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
HollyJohnson
Employee
Employee

This week we introduce Mario De Felipe Pérez, one of our new Educators in our 2022 class of Academic Program Ambassadors. Mario is a former 2014 Qlik Luminary and empowers students in their data analytics journey whilst serving as Chief Data Officer at Grupo ASV.

HollyJohnson_1-1647879092790.png

Mario is currently teaching at both the Escuela de Organización Industrial, in Andalucía, and at the ENAE Business School, part of the University of Murcia. He is a Professor of Data Visualization, Data Science and Business Analytics and embeds Qlik Sense into his teaching at both schools. “We have used Qlik Sense desktop and Qlik Sense Cloud to deploy practices and projects, also we use materials from the data literacy program…This year I teach three editions of a data visualization program, where students learn using different data visualization tools. After completion of the course, most students respond in a survey they liked Qlik more than other tools”.

Mario is such a committed Qlikkie that in addition to teaching he has participated in several events, such as the Qlik Spain: Data Driven Day 2021 and webinars on topics such as Data Literacy and Data Monetization using Qlik. In addition to this he has created tuition videos on Qlik Sense to introduce more people to the platform, you can find one of his videos here.

During 2021 Mario participated in a Data Literacy Program to help students get employed after their studies, this led to several students securing employment. When I asked Mario why he was interested in becoming an Academic Program Educator Ambassador he said, “I love teaching and I love Qlik. I don't think better way to combine my true loves”. He hopes that in the coming years he will have the opportunity to teach in other institutions and continue to empower students to become more data literate.

If you’re interested in some of the Data literacy resources mentioned in this blog, or you’re curious about how you can secure access both Qlik Sense Cloud and Desktop, visit this page to find out more qlik.com/academicprogram.