Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
Pankaj_Muthe
Employee
Employee

I had the opportunity to visit Lovely Professional University (LPU) on 28 September, located in the Northern Indian state of Punjab.

LPU is India’s largest private University spread across 600 acres of land and with more than 25000 students on its campus. LPU offers several programs including science, engineering, pharmacy, hotel management and business. The campus is located in a scenic area surrounded by farmlands.  

LPU organized a workshop on Data Analytics with a hands-on session in Qlik Sense which was conducted by its faculty, Professor Manikant Roy from the School of Computer Application. This session was attended by over 50 Professors from different schools  as mixed as the School of Business, School of Agriculture, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering. Truly, this is indicates that data analytics is an important skill set that needs to be acquired by Professors and students from diverse faculties.

I was invited to deliver the key note address which included a presentation on the three waves in business intelligence and how Qlik is positioned firmly to leverage the third wave of BI, democratization of data. Along with that, I explained the resources available under the academic program  such as the online training, qualifications and certifications, analytics curriculum and how Professors and students can take benefit from these resources to enable themselves in analytics. There was a considerable amount of interest on the academic program and its features and  so far, 37 LPU Professors have enrolled into the program 

This first major engagement of LPU with the Academic Program was a great success. University officials are now planning to strengthen the relationship by enrolling more students into the program along with the possibility of setting up a Centre of Excellence in Analytics.

LPU 1.jpgLPU 2.jpg