Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
Pankaj_Muthe
Employee
Employee

Recently, I was invited to speak to members of Computer Society of India (CSI), ACM Chennai and IEEE Chennai on “Data Visualization” as a part of their weekly feature inviting industry representatives to share their knowledge. More than 200 participants registered for this event from different cities in India and most of them were students and Professors

My talk focused on an introduction to the topic, importance of visualization in analytics, types of visualization and choosing the right visualizations. I also threw light on the how data visualization has evolved over a period and how technology has been able to harness this subject to gain better insights into data.  So that the participants get a firsthand feel of how visualization works, I conducted a demo of Qlik Sense by building an app and how data can be visualized. Based on the feedback received, the audience were quite impressed by the features of Qlik Sense including its smart visualizations, the associative indexing feature, data storytelling, drag and drop features.  An introduction to the Qlik Academic Program followed where after registering, students and Professors can get access to more information on data visualization and training in analytics leading to qualifications and certifications for free.

In terms of introduction, Computer Society of India is India’s largest body of Computer Professionals. CSI is nonprofit and offers a platform to exchange views and information on Computer Science Engineering and Technology and related subjects.

Association for Computer Machinery (ACM) is the world's largest educational and scientific computing society, aimed at increasing the level and visibility of ACM activities across India

The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) is the world's largest technical professional society. It is designed to serve professionals involved in all aspects of the electrical, electronic, and computing fields and related areas of science and technology that underlie modern civilization.

Moving forward, more such activities on analytics are being discussed bearing in mind the importance gained by this topic in today’s changing business dynamics

To learn more about Data Visualization and other topics in analytics, visit qlik.com/academicprogram and register to get free access ( if you are a student, Professor or researcher). Online training, qualifications and certifications are some of the popular offerings among students and Professors