Skip to main content
LucyBannister
Employee
Employee

This week the Academic Program has delivered workshops in the UK at both Reading and Birmingham City University. At Reading, Mark James (from our Pre-Sales team) and I were visiting Henley Business School where we gave a session to MSc Information Management students in their Big Data in Business module. Following on from Keiichi Nakata's lecture on Big Data Visualisation, we introduced students to creating visualisations within Qlik. Here we demonstrated the value that can quickly be derived when you have freedom to explore your data from any angle. At Birmingham City University Julie Main (also from our great UK Pre-sales team!) and I headed to the Computer Science department and ran a workshop for the Enterprise Systems Management Masters students. We got them hands on with Qlik and discussed the importance of being able to easily communicate key findings from their data across an organisation, to promote data informed decision making.  

Taking these two sessions as examples, it's clear to see that students from both business subject areas as well as more technical Computer Science courses can benefit from the Academic Program. In fact, our free software and training resources are available to students and academics at accredited Universities globally, regardless of their subject area. Our aim is to improve the data literacy and employability of all students. 

If you are interested to learn more about exactly what the free Qlik Academic Program has to offer, please register for our upcoming webinar on Thursday 13th February at 11am GMT. You can sign up for the Webex here (password = Qlik123).

As well as giving full details of what the program offers along with an introduction to Qlik, I will also be revealing more details about our exciting Climate Change Datathon which is about to kick off. Any Academic Program students can get involved to be in for the chance to win some great prizes. Tune in on Thursday to hear more!