Skip to main content
Pankaj_Muthe
Employee
Employee

angelika photo.jpg

This week we would like to introduce Angelika Klidas, who happens to be a returning Educator Ambassador.  We are excited to select Angelika as an Ambassador for the 3rd year in a row due to her continued enthusiasm for Qlik’s Academic Program and her efforts in 2022.

Angelika’s journey with Qlik began in 2008 when she started out installing and managing a successful QlikView Competence Center as a team manager of the team for a Governmental Organization in the Netherlands. Since then, she has always been a huge Qlik advocate in both her day job and her university teaching. Angelika works currently as an Operations Manager at Bitmetric BV and is responsible for general management, determining the strategic and tactical direction of the company, sales and account management along with some innovative work! She also teaches Data and Analytics at the University of Applied Sciences in Amsterdam which is her part time role. She is a conceptual thinker who lives by the phrase “think big, act small, and scale fast” which she uses to inspire others to evolve in their use of data and analytics.

In 2022, Angelika began writing a book together with Qlik’s Chief Learning Officer Kevin Hanegan about Data Literacy. The book was formally launched on the 30th of November 2022 and is called “Data Literacy in Practice”. The book is available through Amazon.com and Packt.com.

Angelika applied to become a Professor Ambassador with the Qlik Academic Program as she is passionate about educating students in data analytics and championing the cause of data literacy. Due to the change in situation in the field of education, she included new aspects in her teaching style which include preparing questions in Kahoot and the book “Data Literacy in Practice” is now also a mandatory book for the University. With the help of the techniques from the book and learning to work with Qlik Sense helps her students not only to analyze the data in a better manner but also how to help organizations form a data strategy, develop organizational KPI’s and build amazing dashboards & reports.

Angelika is proud of the fact that she is the Qlik Academic Program Ambassador and has included the Educator Ambassador badge, mentioned it on her resume and highlights it in her presentations! She is keen to present at Qlik World, Qlik’s flagship event, and hopefully that might materialize in the future!

In Angelika’s words, “I love the power of grey, love the academic program and the great benefit that it gives to me and my students. My students can pursue their dreams when they would like to work in data and analytics .” She is excited about the fact that some of her students got a job in the data and analytics world, which is amazing! An interesting fact is that since 2008, 32% of her 275 students are working in the field of data and analytics. Her main goal for 2023 is to work on training for Data Literacy in Dutch and English, based on the book Data Literacy in Practice.

Angelika feels that more and more organizations are now emphasizing the importance of data literacy and putting data management in place. She loves to work with the four pillar system which should be the basis of every organizations journey towards “Active Intelligence” so they will be future ready!

In Angelika’s words, “I love the Qlik Academic Program, it helps the students in gaining analytics knowledge for my students. They can learn at their own pace and look for solutions through the learning platform, but also use the knowledge from the community and demos.qlik.com where they can find all kinds of cool solutions”

We are looking forward to working closely with Angelika during her tenure as an ambassador yet again and creating more links with Universities in the Netherlands.

For more information about our Ambassador Program, please visit: qlik.com/us/company/academic-program/ambassadors