Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OlivierS
Partner - Contributor III

Add a datafile into a space with automation

hi everyone,

To bypass the onedrive connector that doesn't allow FROM * Load, i create a ListFile.txt within my onedrive that is generated by an automation. Problem is, i would like to edit this file and to give my automation a feedback on the files that have been used.

My idea was to move this ListFile.txt from the onedrive to the Qlik Saas DataFile and see if the automation would be able to create and save a file in this "directory".

May be i made a bad choice working with onedrive connector instead of the sharepoint ?

Labels (5)
2 Replies
AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @OlivierS 

Could you please explain a bit more about what you are trying to achieve using automation?

Thanks

OlivierS
Author

Hi AfeefaTk,

Let me explain an bit the environement :

All member of the tenant have acces to a space that contain an app designed for end year auto evaluation. The app concatenate the answers set with an input variable slider and at the end of the process, the user validate his answer and trigger an automation.

Because it's sensible data, it was decided to store the data on decicated onedrive and create a connector within the analytic app that have a separated space with strict access.

To do so, i create an automation to store the answer into a text file on the ondrive and add a ListFile.Txt that contain each separated filename with that space. This Listfile.txt is used by the ETL application that regroup all data and generate a qvd file.

Problem is: i need to find a way to update the list of filename (within the ListFile.txt) to prevent any duplicate value. To do so, It would be much more easy to store the ListFile.Txt into the DataFile of the ETL app during the automation process.

I tried to make you some kind of image to explain the process 😉

Capture d’écran (1).png