Did you mean: 
andreas_schoedlbauer
Partner - Contributor III

Calling Automation from Sense App using Selections

Hi all

given the following use case:

andy70018_0-1635344054295.png

In a Qlik Sense Saas App users can select invoices and send these invoices to an ERP system to update status information. We use an automation calling the ERP system via API to post the selected invoices.

andy70018_1-1635344317768.png

In the automation we use the  "Get Straight Table Data" from the qlik cloud services but I do not know how to load only the selected 3 rows and not the whole table.

Any idea, how we can achieve that? 

Thanks a lot, Andy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PietMichielRappelet
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Andy

I believe this article will help you further:  

It is important to understand that automation and the UI component do not share the same user session.

This results in the fact that an automation cannot get the 'active selection' from the UI and you need to do the selection you want by using the blocks 'select field value',  'select field value by query' or 'apply bookmark'.  

Kind regards, 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
PietMichielRappelet
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Andy

I believe this article will help you further:  

It is important to understand that automation and the UI component do not share the same user session.

This results in the fact that an automation cannot get the 'active selection' from the UI and you need to do the selection you want by using the blocks 'select field value',  'select field value by query' or 'apply bookmark'.  

Kind regards, 

andreas_schoedlbauer
Author

Hi Piet

thanks a lot for that. There is another solution described here: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Documents/Using-Qlik-Application-Automation-to-create-and-d...

But your way seems to be much easier.

Kind regards, Andi

AdnanRafiq
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Andy,

did you try this solution or just found it? This solution is not working for me on Report generation.