Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FranciscoQ
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Condition after "Wait For Reloads to Complete" Block, in a task chain

Hi Everyone,

So I am creating a task chain for certain apps, what I want to achieve is to reload 2 apps in parallel, wait for those 2 reloads to be completed, and then only if both apps reloads were successfull, reload 2 more apps again in parallel, same logic once these 2 last apps reload succesfully reload 2 apps, but this time one first and then the other (in this last part, I can use run mode "wait for reloads to complete" in the first app.

So here is what I did:

First, do reload 1 and do reload 2, contains one app each block, and the run mode is "start reload and continue".

Then I have a wait for reloads to complete block, where I put both ids from the previous apps.

FranciscoQ_1-1641218694742.png

After that I have a condition block, and I want to go forward in the automation only if previous reloads were successfull.

So when I select in the condition block: output from "wait for reloads to complete", and then I click on "status": It offers me this options:

FranciscoQ_2-1641218977656.png

I've tried 2 ways, select all status from list wait for reloads to complete then equals "SUCCEEDED", or find one status from list, I select one reload id, then equals "SUCCEEDED", and then I add another condition, select the other reload id, equals "SUCCEEDED".

The condition block configuration is this:

FranciscoQ_3-1641219247726.png

If the condition is not met:

An error block with the status of "Wait for reloads to complete".

FranciscoQ_4-1641219393757.png

Mi idea was to replicate this to the following group of 2 apps. With another condition, etc.

But the problem, is that it didn't work, the first apps reloaded succesfully, but i don't know what happended in the condition block, the automation failed as follows:

If I go to the chronological  output, the wait for reloads to complete block, shows both reloads status as SUCCEEDED:

FranciscoQ_6-1641219675657.png

But then the condition and error blocks look as following:

FranciscoQ_7-1641219745091.png

FranciscoQ_8-1641219770005.png

The error block was supposed to show the same status as "Wait for reloads to complete", and same thing with the conditional block.

I would really appreciate any help, it is really important for me to create an automation that can help me reload this apps, in that order.

@Emile_Koslowski 

Qlik Application Automation OEM 

Qlik Application Automation 

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Emile_Koslowski
Employee
Employee

Hi FranciscoQ,

The id, outputted by the Wait For Reloads To Complete block is specific to each individual reload and will change over subsequent executions of the automation. Changing this to the appId parameter will solve your issue.

You could improve the automation by selecting "Select all status(s) from list" in the first part of the condition.

Emile_Koslowski_0-1641220703136.png

And then using the "List does not contain" operator with "FAILED" as value:

Emile_Koslowski_1-1641220756571.png

Please let me know if this solves your issue.

Kind regards,
Emile

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Emile_Koslowski
Employee
Employee

Hi FranciscoQ,

The id, outputted by the Wait For Reloads To Complete block is specific to each individual reload and will change over subsequent executions of the automation. Changing this to the appId parameter will solve your issue.

You could improve the automation by selecting "Select all status(s) from list" in the first part of the condition.

Emile_Koslowski_0-1641220703136.png

And then using the "List does not contain" operator with "FAILED" as value:

Emile_Koslowski_1-1641220756571.png

Please let me know if this solves your issue.

Kind regards,
Emile

FranciscoQ
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

That worked perfect Emile!

Thank you so much!