Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
salmankojar
Creator
Creator

Creating a basic write back solution with Qlik Cloud

Hey Guys,

i am trying to replicate a write back solution with qlik cloud as shown in Do More with Qlik Playlist in youtube but i am not getting the same result as shown in that  video.

If i select a particular row and then click on update button it works properly but if i type something in input box and then press enter button then update doesnt works at all and it also overwrite the variable assigned to that particular variable input box permanently. can you help me with this problem?

The YouTube video link is here: https://youtu.be/hYER2nGKctM.

Qlik Application Automation Qlik Cloud 

Labels (3)
7 Replies
J_Lindberg
Support
Support

Hello @salmankojar, difficult to tell what might go wrong here. Can you share the app and automation that you've created? 

salmankojar
Creator
Creator
Author

Sure..i have attached app qvf file and json file for automation...do let me know if you need anything else.

Thankyou..

J_Lindberg
Support
Support

It seems as if the automation is missing the input blocks. To add them follow "2. Configure the automation" as described here: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/How-to-build-a-write-back-solution-with-nati...
(and displayed here in the video: https://youtu.be/hYER2nGKctM). Notice that these blocks should be connected to the start block, not after the blocks you already have in the automation.
Once added you should be able to pick up the values from the app and use that to update the data source.

salmankojar
Creator
Creator
Author

i have done exactly as shown in the post and youtube video you mentioned.My records gets updated but only for the selection but when i manually input some data in variable input box then the update doesnt works and it permanently overwrites the variable i created for that variable input box with the input i manually entered..

AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @salmankojar 

If you define an expression in the variable created in the UI, then on the automation side it will just run the expression so user input will be ignored.

If you want to have a user-inputted variable then best to give the variable with no definition/formula.

Could you please try removing the expression from the definition field in the variable and see if that takes the value that is being provided in the input box?

We are also working on updating the demo video to clarify how the variables should be configured on the app side to pass the user-inputted values to the automation.

Thanks!

salmankojar
Creator
Creator
Author

hi,

i tried removing expression from definiton field of all variables as you said..but after that any selections made on table doesnt pass in variable input box for all variables.what do you suggest now?

AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @salmankojar 

I would suggest you follow a different approach mentioned below to get the user-inputted values passed over automation and also have the selected values auto-populated in the input box.

1. Ensure Include selections are selected in the Execute automation action in the button.
  2. Clear the definitions from old variables.In the example app, the variables are vDealName and vPrediction.
  3. Create new variables with definitions.For eg vDealName2 and vPrediction2 with the definitions =DEALNAME and =PREDICTION.
  4. Set the input boxes to show new variables that is vDealName2 and vPrediction2.
  5. In this example,add two set variable actions before executing the automation. The first one will set the variable vDealName to =vDealName2. The second one will set the variable vPrediction to =vPrediction2.
  6. Add Reload Data action after execute automation.
  7. Click on the Copy input block from the Execute automation action in the button and paste this into the automation.
  8. Use the Get expression value blocks to get the vDealName and vPrediction variables in the automation. Use the formulas =vDealName and =vPrediction.

Please find the automation and app(check sheet name: button config) configured following the above steps for your reference.

Please let me know if that works.

Thanks