Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
indralimena
Employee
Employee

Is there a way for QAA User to build their own "Custom Connector" and upload/deploy it in their own Qlik Cloud Tenant ?

Hi,

This is general question related to QAA product.

if i have external source which is not supported natively (no OOTB Connector from QAA), Can i build my own new custom "Connection" and deploy/upload the component to my QAA instance? 

Regards,

Indra

Labels (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Shai_E
Support
Support

Hi Indra,

Build from scratch? i do not think so.

But there are a few options built in like:

"Basic Authentication" -  is a connector that allows advanced users to connect to platforms that do not have a specialized connector. This connector uses a basic authentication flow that requires only a username and password. It has RAW API blocks that support all methods as well as pagination.

"OAUTH2" -   connector for APIs that require oauth2 flow.

@Madhushree_BP , can you help confirm that there is no way to create a connector from scratch?

Thanks

View solution in original post

Shai_E
Support
Support

Hi @indralimena ,

I'm almost sure that you cannot build a custom connector.
There is a way to extend the Qlik Sense capabilities via programming (to build extensions) but i do not think for QAA.

Best Regards

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Shai_E
Support
Support

Hi Indra,

Build from scratch? i do not think so.

But there are a few options built in like:

"Basic Authentication" -  is a connector that allows advanced users to connect to platforms that do not have a specialized connector. This connector uses a basic authentication flow that requires only a username and password. It has RAW API blocks that support all methods as well as pagination.

"OAUTH2" -   connector for APIs that require oauth2 flow.

@Madhushree_BP , can you help confirm that there is no way to create a connector from scratch?

Thanks

indralimena
Employee
Employee
Author

Hi @Shai_E

Probably not from Scratch, but potentially could use existing "Connector" code/template, then enhance it (inside QAA, probably new screen for QAA "Developer" to add additional fields/properties for user input) and save it as "custom connector". it's like development framework where partner or customer could build their own custom connectors (until Qlik QAA R&D team provides it natively if there's lot of demand from market) in their QAA tenant, this could be a big thing.

Thanks for sharing those 2 options, i will test it.

Regards,

Indra Limena

indralimena
Employee
Employee
Author

Hi @Shai_E 

"Basic Authentication" still has same issue as "API Key" connector when it needs to call HTTP POST (it is executed as http GET request).

Basic Authentication - Raw API Block issue.png

i haven't tested "OAuth2" (since the app i'm connected is not configured for OAuth2, so i can't test), but i assume it might face same issue on the Raw API Request Block.

Thanks

Indra

Shai_E
Support
Support

Hi @indralimena ,

I'm almost sure that you cannot build a custom connector.
There is a way to extend the Qlik Sense capabilities via programming (to build extensions) but i do not think for QAA.

Best Regards