Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abdirahmanyasin
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a way or possibility to include all ObjectID's when using Get straight table data?

I'm trying to create an automation that more or less exports the sheet to excel. For example, when you right-click on a report/sheet and select download, select data and then download. So far with the help of  automation I have managed to create an automation that sends an email with a link to an excel file in sharepoint. The dilemma I have is that the formatting and color codes that are implemented to sheet have not been included to the exported excelfile. Does it mean that I need to include all ObjectsID in the automation or could it be due to something else entirely?

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Abdirahman Yasin

3 Replies
AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @abdirahmanyasin 

Are you interested to get reports of the sheet in PDF or PowerPoint format or only Get Straight Table Data in excel format via QAA?

The PDF / PowerPoint report can be generated using Qlik Reporting Connector 

We have a few templates already available in the template picker which helps to generate the report

You can find it by navigating to Add new -> New automation -> Categories(left panel) -> click on Reporting.

reporting-templates.png

Select any of these templates depending on your use case and click on the Use template option in order to use it in the automation

Please let me know if I misunderstood your question

Thanks!

abdirahmanyasin
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @AfeefaTk 

Thank for responding

Not quite what I'm looking for 🙂

I'm looking for automation where the out format is an Excel file containing the formatting and colour coding that is implemented on the sheet. Colour coding and formatting are correctly included when I

right-click on the sheet -> press download - > Select Data -> Click Download. That's the result I want the automation to put out. 

Kind regards
Abdi

AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @abdirahmanyasin 

I don't think it is currently possible to create excel reports from the sheet. The approach you have tried will allow you to create excel reports out of straight table data.

We have plan to add excel feature to reporting connector, but no ETA yet

I would suggest you create feature request in the Ideation forum

Meanwhile, could you mind showing me how the excel report looks while downloading from the Qlik Sense app? Maybe a screenshot of the sheet in Qlik Sense and excel file downloaded from the sheet.

Thanks