Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FranciscoQ
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Task Chain: Qlik Sense SaaS Automations

Hi Everyone!

I am investigating about task chaining in Qlik Sense SaaS, and I have some question related to the amount of executions I can do, limitations, etc

Let's say I want to reload first some apps that will generate qvds, that will be used in other apps to transform them, and at the end in a final app where I want to just load qvds and make visual representations in front end.

To reload the final app I will have to create a task chain that reloads all the previos apps first in a certain order, to generate the qvds.

In Qlik Enterprise i can use the QMC to create  a task chain. In SaaS, I notices that the task chaining process is included in automations.

Are there any limitations about the amount of apps I can reload in one automation ?

Are there any limitations related to how many times I can execute a certain task chain, a day ? a month ? Because I read that depending on the license, you can execute an automation a certain amount of times per month. How can I know that number?

Let's say I want to trigger the task chain one or two times a day, everyday. I would be allowed ? 

Thanks in advanced!

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Emile_Koslowski
Employee
Employee

Hi!

Automations have a max run time of one hour, there's no hard limit for the number of apps you can reload during that hour. Depending on the automation's run mode, the max run time can be less. You can find an overview of this and other limitations for Qlik Application Automation here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Sense_QlikAutomation/Content/Sense_QlikAutomat...

Kind regards,
Emile

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Emile_Koslowski
Employee
Employee

Hi!

Automations have a max run time of one hour, there's no hard limit for the number of apps you can reload during that hour. Depending on the automation's run mode, the max run time can be less. You can find an overview of this and other limitations for Qlik Application Automation here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Sense_QlikAutomation/Content/Sense_QlikAutomat...

Kind regards,
Emile

FranciscoQ
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks @Emile_Koslowski ! So automatios have a max run time of one hour... In case I have a task chain with multiple applications, and all the applications together takes more time than one hour in reloading, do you know how I could automate that task chain ? 

Maybe there is a way to trigger from one automation another automation ?

For example:

Let's say I create a task chain with all the DATA applications, and at the end from that automation I trigger another task chain (another automation) with all the STAGE applications, and then the final app that takes all the qvds...

Thanks in advance!

Emile_Koslowski
Employee
Employee

The easiest solution would be to use the Call Automation block to chain multiple automations together but this won't be very scalable.

I have a more advanced (& scalable) solution in mind but that would require a full article. I'll try to write it this or next week & I'll keep you posted.

Kind regards,
Emile

FranciscoQ
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Yes I noticed the Call Automation block and it worked to trigger an automation from another automation. 

But would be awesome if you could make this article of a more advanced and scalable solution. It would be extremely helpfull. 

Thank you very much for your help!.

Kind regards,

Francisco

Emile_Koslowski
Employee
Employee

As promised, here's the article: How to build long-running task chains in Qlik Application Automation 

Keep in mind this is just one way of doing this, feel free to hack and improve it!

Kind regards,
Emile

FranciscoQ
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Emile, Thank you so much ! I really appreciate you wrote the article. I will read it and try to use it for a real case.

Regards,

Francisco Quiroga.