Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
indralimena
Employee
Employee

using "API Key" connection, i got SSL Certificate problem to get local issuer certificate accessing External API End Point

Hi,

i'm using QAA to access External Application (via its API, secured end point with https). This is a simple GET http request which i don't have any issue doing it from POSTMAN, or other App installed in my local laptop/PC, but since QAA is fully Qlik cloud hosted, i don't know how to check or add certificate to resolve this  SSL Certificate issue.

below is full error message i got.SSL Sertificate error accessing TDC API end point.png

if anyone had similar experience before and have a trick to resolve this, please kindly share.

Thanks,

Indra

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jprdonnelly
Employee
Employee

@indralimena - Qlik App Automation works over the public network (Internet) and relies on being able to validate certificates via known, trusted CAs. Qlik Cloud tenants do not currently have the ability to manually add private CAs as "Trusted".

If your Private API endpoint is made available on the Public network and needs to interoperate with another service, it should be using a certificate that can be publicly validated (best practice).

This is a common change encountered when Enterprises are moving from an infra you control and need to maintain within your own Corporate domain, to a Public cloud-native service you consume instead.

- @jprdonnelly

View solution in original post

1 Reply
jprdonnelly
Employee
Employee

@indralimena - Qlik App Automation works over the public network (Internet) and relies on being able to validate certificates via known, trusted CAs. Qlik Cloud tenants do not currently have the ability to manually add private CAs as "Trusted".

If your Private API endpoint is made available on the Public network and needs to interoperate with another service, it should be using a certificate that can be publicly validated (best practice).

This is a common change encountered when Enterprises are moving from an infra you control and need to maintain within your own Corporate domain, to a Public cloud-native service you consume instead.

- @jprdonnelly