Qlik Community

Qlik Associative Big Data Index Discussions

Ask a question or participate in a discussion about Qlik Associative Big Data Index here.

Partner
Partner

Does Qlik support ABDI deployed on-premises using RedHat OpenShift or Mesosphere DC/OS?????

Greetings!

We want to install ABDI in an on-premises environment based on either RedHat OpenShift or Mesosphere DC/OS.

Are any of these two environments supported?  If so, which file system should be used?

Is there a guide on how to configure everything?  I have only seen the deployment requirements in help.qlik.com, and the document titled "An Example QABDI Deployment in AWS EKS".

Please advise.

Cheers,

--José

2 Replies
Partner
Partner

Re: Does Qlik support ABDI deployed on-premises using RedHat OpenShift or Mesosphere DC/OS?????

I believe QABDI is still supported using RedHat OpenShift or Mesosphere DC/OS. This would not be any different than if you did a bare metal Kubernetes installation. However with that said, Qlik will only support the QABDI functionality. If you configure Kubernetes incorrectly, that will be out of scope for support. Out of the above, I would suggest Mesosphere because they are K8s certified. I did not see that certification on RedHat's page, though I didn't look intensively. 

I imagine Qlik cannot release documentation for other products. You will need to follow the appropriate documentation provided by the vendor of your choice as well as K8s documentation on Kubernetes itself. 

Good luck! 

Blog: WhereClause   Twitter: @treysmithdev
Partner
Partner

Re: Does Qlik support ABDI deployed on-premises using RedHat OpenShift or Mesosphere DC/OS?????

Thank you @treysmithdev for your response.

I am looking for something similar to the document describing how to do the QABDI installation of an sample case on AWS.

Cheers,

--José