Qlik Community

Qlik Associative Big Data Index Discussions

Ask a question or participate in a discussion about Qlik Associative Big Data Index here.

rkondaveti
New Contributor II

QABDI on Windows - Deployment guide

Hello,

We would like to evaluate QABDI  for a project. Project aim is to build a QS app  to analyse around 6Tb database . We would like try on premises QABDI.  Could you please provide windows deployment document ?

Cheers,

RK

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Partner
Partner

Re: QABDI on Windows - Deployment guide

At the moment, QABDI can only utilize parquet files as the data source. You will need to extract the data out of your database and structure them accordingly. So keep in mind you will need to account for this in your POC.

To deploy QABDI you will still need to set up a Kubernetes cluster. Here is the official documentation. While you can include Window machines within a K8s cluster, it is required to have a Linux master node for it to be supported. Docker is also only officially supported on Linux. So in essence it is not possible to do a supported Windows only deployment. However, from what I understand it is still possible to do it, though, like I said, it is unsupported. There are solutions like Minikube, which offer Window's only versions. Once you set up the K8s cluster, the rest of the Qlik documentation should translate appropriately. 

Blog: WhereClause   Twitter: @treysmithdev
1 Reply
Partner
Partner

Re: QABDI on Windows - Deployment guide

At the moment, QABDI can only utilize parquet files as the data source. You will need to extract the data out of your database and structure them accordingly. So keep in mind you will need to account for this in your POC.

To deploy QABDI you will still need to set up a Kubernetes cluster. Here is the official documentation. While you can include Window machines within a K8s cluster, it is required to have a Linux master node for it to be supported. Docker is also only officially supported on Linux. So in essence it is not possible to do a supported Windows only deployment. However, from what I understand it is still possible to do it, though, like I said, it is unsupported. There are solutions like Minikube, which offer Window's only versions. Once you set up the K8s cluster, the rest of the Qlik documentation should translate appropriately. 

Blog: WhereClause   Twitter: @treysmithdev