cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssamuels
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

How to ingest filtered datasets?

Is it possible to create new entities in the Source module by loading filtered data from RDBMS through custom sql queries?

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
DaveHowland
Employee
Employee

@ssamuels , 

Yes, in the QDC Help, search for  'src.file.glob' in Qlik Data Catalyst Source Properties, and you will find what you need. Against RDBMS sources, that property drives the query that's executed to pull the data for that entity. When we build it anew, it's simply a list of the columns in the table, but it can be edited. Want to query a view? Add a sub-select, or a join? All are allowed. 

Hope that helps, 

David

View solution in original post

DaveHowland
Employee
Employee

@ssamuels 

100% correct. That's how you can build an entity in QDC that will reflect any values you would like. Subqueries, LOJ's, Views, partitions, etc ... all are supported. If it's SQL-92, it should work. 

thanks, David

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DaveHowland
Employee
Employee

@ssamuels , 

Yes, in the QDC Help, search for  'src.file.glob' in Qlik Data Catalyst Source Properties, and you will find what you need. Against RDBMS sources, that property drives the query that's executed to pull the data for that entity. When we build it anew, it's simply a list of the columns in the table, but it can be edited. Want to query a view? Add a sub-select, or a join? All are allowed. 

Hope that helps, 

David

DaveHowland
Employee
Employee

@ssamuels  , 

Can I ask I this solution is the one you were looking for? If so, would you mind closing the case? Otherwise, any other questions are welcome. 

Thanks, David

ssamuels
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks @DaveHowland  for your answer.

ssamuels
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

@DaveHowland Does this mean that I can use this property to specify my own custom sql queries to pull the data from the database?

DaveHowland
Employee
Employee

@ssamuels 

100% correct. That's how you can build an entity in QDC that will reflect any values you would like. Subqueries, LOJ's, Views, partitions, etc ... all are supported. If it's SQL-92, it should work. 

thanks, David