cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonrayos
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlik Data Catalyst June 2020 SQL Server data source error

After installing QDC June 2020 release, I am observing strange behavior when trying to pull data from a SQL Server data source. I have deployed the correct driver and successfully added the source connection, however, when attempting to 'Add Data' from this source, I am seeing the error below(Please note i've replaced my actual db name with DBNAME):

at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:107)
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:331)
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilterInternal(FilterChainProxy.java:214)
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:177)
at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:346)
at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:262)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:219)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:110)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:494)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:169)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:104)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:1025)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:116)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:445)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1137)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:637)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:319)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: com.podiumdata.base.error.PodiumFault: core.error.code.METADATA_LOAD_FAILURE - Failed to get schema metadata
at com.nvs.core.metadata.MetaDataObject.getSchemaMetaData(MetaDataObject.java:132)
at com.nvs.core.metadata.MetaDataObject.getSchemaMetaData(MetaDataObject.java:36)
... 104 more
Caused by: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Invalid object name '[DBNAME].sys.schemas'.
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDatabaseError(SQLServerException.java:262)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.getNextResult(SQLServerStatement.java:1632)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.doExecuteStatement(SQLServerStatement.java:872)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement$StmtExecCmd.doExecute(SQLServerStatement.java:767)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSCommand.execute(IOBuffer.java:7225)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.executeCommand(SQLServerConnection.java:3053)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.executeCommand(SQLServerStatement.java:247)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.executeStatement(SQLServerStatement.java:222)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.executeQueryInternal(SQLServerStatement.java:699)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDatabaseMetaData.getResultSetFromInternalQueries(SQLServerDatabaseMetaData.java:290)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDatabaseMetaData.getSchemasInternal(SQLServerDatabaseMetaData.java:1480)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDatabaseMetaData.getSchemas(SQLServerDatabaseMetaData.java:1499)
at com.nvs.core.metadata.MetaDataObject.getSchemaMetaData(MetaDataObject.java:130)

While trying to diagnose, I captured the query from QDC on the SQL server side using the XEvent Profiler only to find that QDC is adding erroneous brackets as seen here:

select [[DBNAME]]].sys.schemas.name 'TABLE_SCHEM', CASE WHEN [[DBNAME]]].sys.schemas.name IN ('dbo', 'guest','INFORMATION_SCHEMA','sys','db_owner', 'db_accessadmin', 'db_securityadmin', 'db_ddladmin' ,'db_backupoperator','db_datareader','db_datawriter','db_denydatareader','db_denydatawriter') THEN null ELSE '[DBNAME]' END 'TABLE_CATALOG' from [[DBNAME]]].sys.schemas order by 2, 1

I've attempted to remove the escape characters from the database driver settings located @ Admin>Database Drivers>SQLSERVER> Edit Details...

However, this throws a new error when attempting to pull data: 

Error! pgui.error.code.DYNAMIC_ERROR - null

Has anyone been able to successfully pull data from a SQL Server connection on June 2020? This was a clean install but I was previously on December 2019 which was working without issues. After attempting to upgrade from Dec 2019 > June 2020 and experiencing issues, I started with fresh server.

Labels (2)
16 Replies
jonrayos
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

@qliktechie15  I have been informed that the September release includes a fix for this bug. 

qliktechie15
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Thanks @jonrayos - I will check !

maksim_senin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

...just in case you're still straggling with this please follow this link - https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Catalog-Discussions/QDC-and-JDBC-error-after-click-on-Test-Connec... - maybe it'll help.

aswinmawlee
Contributor
Contributor

It is like an unresolved issue for me literally, been trying to get out of but at the end of the day same error is coming.

Let's hope solutions comes to this issue very soon. njmcdirect

DaveHowland
Employee
Employee

Hello,
From this picture, you can see that there are escape characters you can set to control quote identifiers.
I wonder if it would be a good test to remove those completely, and assuming they are currently at ‘[‘, they would reform your sql from ‘[[‘ to ‘[‘, making it legal.
If you’re unclear where that setting is .. that page is super helpful.. can I ask that you give that a shot?
Thanks!

aswinmawlee
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for the boost up sir,

let me give it another try.

DaveHowland
Employee
Employee

And here is the page I was alluding to .
The hyperlink didn't make it before.
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/catalog/February2021/Content/QlikCatalog/Administration/Database_Driver_...
Database driver registration ‒ Qlik Catalog
Database driver registration. Users must register drivers for all JDBC source databases. Administration (top navigation bar) provides a wizard for the modular registration of databases; the database name populates as an option when registering sources to Qlik Catalog via JDBC.To initiate the driver registration wizard from the Administration screen, select Database Drivers from the menu ribbon ...
help.qlik.com