Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mingsum214
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Data Catalyst Questions

Hi,

After viewing the accreditation course, I want to check whether my understanding is correct or not.

I know that we can assign QS as publish output when we install QDC and config the Qlik core integration file. But are there any limitation like we have to separate install QS and QDC in different server or we can install them in single machine?

Another question about entity storage:

1. For managed and registered entity, the entity file will save locally in the server.
  2. For addressed entity, it will only save the schema of source only.
  3. For managed entity, it will copy the source file to the repository.

As mentioned in the licensed metric document:

“QDC is licensed by the volume of data managed or “DM.”   DM means the amount of nonreplicated data in a cluster managed and reported in the QDC Receiving Dock in Terabytes.”

Can I concluded that the entity save locally in the server Receiving Dock will be use to calculate the storage usage and license fee?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
treysmithdev
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

QDC is installed on a Linux machine, so Qlik Sense Enterprise cannot be installed on the same machine. Qlik Core can be installed on Linux and I believe can be on the same machine since it will reside in a Docker container and I didn't notice any potential conflicts. 

Yes, the licensing will be calculated on the data in Receiving. This can be viewed in the Data-Meter tab under the Admin section.

Blog: WhereClause   Twitter: @treysmithdev

View solution in original post

1 Reply
treysmithdev
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

QDC is installed on a Linux machine, so Qlik Sense Enterprise cannot be installed on the same machine. Qlik Core can be installed on Linux and I believe can be on the same machine since it will reside in a Docker container and I didn't notice any potential conflicts. 

Yes, the licensing will be calculated on the data in Receiving. This can be viewed in the Data-Meter tab under the Admin section.

Blog: WhereClause   Twitter: @treysmithdev