Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CKM_35
Partner - Contributor III

Facing issue while integrating Qlik sense with QDC (Qlik Data Catalyst)

Situation:

I have Installed Qlik data catalyst in VM machine, now wanted to integrate with Qlik sense which runs on windows machine.

Issue:

While making connection with the postgres, I am not able to successfully test my connection, I am getting communication link failure error.

Mentioning below the steps which I have performed in VM with root user:

• updated PG_HBA.congif file with below line item as well :
    • Host all all 0.0.0.0/0 trust
  • Updated postgresql.config file with following line item:
    • Listen_addresses=’*’
  • Added port 5432/tcp
  • Restarted firewall
  • Restarted pgsql

I am connecting with below user which I have created while installing QDC as mentioned in the single node installation guide.

• Username : postgres
  • DB : podium_dist

Request you all to please help me with the missing configuration if any, which I need to follow while making  successful connection with postgres.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
davidhowland
Contributor II
Contributor II

If I can add that a firewall blocking the connection will traditionally result in a 'hang'. Meaning when you hit the 'Test Connection' on the Qlik Sense side, does it take 15-30 seconds to reply no connection, or is it right away. Can you ping the QDC VM from the Qlik Sense host? Or does it come back right away? 

If 5432 is listening , and it's postgres, it's likely that your QDC Setup is correct, but your network connectivity is the issue. 

Hope this helps, 

David

View solution in original post

10 Replies
ThiebaudS
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi there,

Do you have selinux enabled on the QDC server ? 

Selinux is a security access control mechanism that can block incoming requests, and it is enabled by default on Centos.

Just run the command "sestatus" and see if the result is enabled or disabled.

If enabled, I suggest you disable it to see if it works.

To disable selinux, edit the file "/etc/selinux/config" and set "SELINUX=disabled". Reboot the server and test your access again.

Best regards,

Thiebaud

CKM_35
Author

Hi ThiebaudS,

Thanks for your reply!

I tried disabling SELINUX, even then also i am not able to make connection.

Do you think, i need to apply/modify any other settings.

Thanks & Regards,

Chandan Mishra

ThiebaudS
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi,

Can you please clarify what you are trying to configure and which part of the documentation you are following ?

Are we talking about the "publish to qlik sense" feature or the "QVD catalog" embedded in QS ?

CKM_35
Author

It is publish to Qlik sense from Qlik Data Catalyst Page

ThiebaudS
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Have you cheked if the port 5432 is really opened on your QDC server to be accessible from your QS server ?

Can you run this command on your QS server (from a powershell prompt):

Test-NetConnection -ComputerName QDC_hotname_or_IP -Port 5432 and see if it succeeds or not.

CKM_35
Author

Thanks Thiebaud for your suggestion so far. 

As suggested, I have executed command in power shell and It is not succeeding. Request you to please tell me the settings/steps which i need to perform to make this connection as successful.

Thanks ,

Chandan Mishra

ThiebaudS
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

First thing I would do is checking the opened ports on the QDC server.

You can run the following command:

netstat -ant | grep 5432

You should see a line with:

tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:5432 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN

If yes, then the port is opened on the QDC server, and it means that your issue is probably related to a firewall either on the QDC server itself, or on top of the server. You said that QDC is installed on a VM, maybe a network restriction on the hypervisor you are using.

If no, it means that postgresql is not correctly configured to listen on all interfaces

CKM_35
Author

Hi Thiebaud,

Thank you very much for your immediate response!

Yes, i am getting the following line after executing the grep command:

tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:5432 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN

My firewall on VM was enabled, I have disabled it temporarily in order to test connection, even then also I am not able to make a successful connection.

Next thing which you have mentioned ,the issue can be on PostgreSQL configuration, I have followed the exact steps as mentioned in the installation guide for QDC related to postgreSQL configuration, not sure ,why it is not listening to all interfaces.

Can you please laid down steps which i need to follow so that PostgreSQL can listen to all interfaces.

Thanks again for your help.

Chandan Mishra

davidhowland
Contributor II
Contributor II

If I can add that a firewall blocking the connection will traditionally result in a 'hang'. Meaning when you hit the 'Test Connection' on the Qlik Sense side, does it take 15-30 seconds to reply no connection, or is it right away. Can you ping the QDC VM from the Qlik Sense host? Or does it come back right away? 

If 5432 is listening , and it's postgres, it's likely that your QDC Setup is correct, but your network connectivity is the issue. 

Hope this helps, 

David