Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brunnovb_in
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

How to change Qlik Catalog license?

Hi everyone!
Our license expired and we can't access the options menu. How to change the license in Qlik Catalog?

The error shown "core.error.code.FAILED_TO_CONNECT_TO_LICENSES_SERVICE - Failed to connect to the licenses service. Check if the licenses service is running.".

brunnovb_in_0-1610979865516.png

Best regards,

Brunno Costa.

Labels (1)
6 Replies
Ameya09
Partner - Contributor III

Try restarting qlikContainers service using following command :

sudo systemctl restart qlikContainers.service

brunnovb_in
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

It didn't work. 

I believe that because of the expired license, this error occurs. Therefore, I have no idea how to modify or apply another license. The Qlik Catalog does not show an area for entering a new license.

Do you have any idea? Some file in linux with the actual license?

Ameya09

You can also try the following:

Go to qdc/qlikcore folder 

execute following in terminal : ./launch_qlikContainers.sh

brunnovb_in
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hey Ameya09,

I tried to use this command, but it didn't work to solve my problem. I did the installation again on the same server, but the same error still occurs. I will investigate the rules on the firewall or possible system problems with the system administrator.

I did another installation on another machine and saw how to change the license in the Qlik catalog. Using a valid license, the step is: login to QDC, about menu. I don't know, but when the license expires, I think the procedures are different.

Purnell354
Contributor
Contributor

@brunnovb_in wrote:

Hi everyone!
Our license expired and we can't access the options menu. How to change the license in Qlik Catalog?

The error shown "core.error.code.FAILED_TO_CONNECT_TO_LICENSES_SERVICE - Failed to connect to the licenses service. Check if the licenses service is running.".

brunnovb_in_0-1610979865516.png

Best regards how to install facetime on pc,

Brunno Costa.

It is only possible to change from a serial number (LEF) license key to a signed license. Please note that after changing to a license with a signed key, you cannot return to using the old serial and control number license model.

raichu059
Contributor
Contributor

They are pushing qliksense so hard which makes no sense to me. If I have to redesign, repurchase licenses, I’m just going to switch everything to PowerBI. I already am double-paying for reporting licenses with Office E5 and QlikView.