Qlik Community

Qlik Catalog

Discussion Board for collaboration on Qlik Catalog

Announcements
Support Case Portal has moved to Qlik Community! Read the FAQs to start exploring Support resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ismasani
Contributor
Contributor

How to get percentage Difference

Hi Everyone.

I nee one help.. I calculate a Difference Between Current Year Sale and Last Year

like..

num(Sum({$<[HSUBSEGM.descr]={"Clinker and Cement"},[CALYEAR]={">=$(vCurrentYear)"}>}[_volume_SO]),'##.0')-  num(Sum({$<[HSUBSEGM.descr]={"Clinker and Cement"},[CALYEAR]={">=$(vPreviousYear)<=$(vPreviousYear)"}>}[_volume_SO]),'##.0')

so I m getting and answer Suppose.. This Year sale is 100 Rs and Last Year sale was 50 Rs.. so total growth 50 Rs.. But I want to show growth in %.. in this case my Revenue growth is 50 %.. because it got double from last year..

Please help me how to do this

Labels (1)
4 Replies
PrashantSangle

what is the error you are getting?? 

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
MayilVahanan

Hi @ismasani 

Try like below to get percentage

num((Sum({$<[HSUBSEGM.descr]={"Clinker and Cement"},[CALYEAR]={"$(vCurrentYear)"}>}[_volume_SO])- Sum({$<[HSUBSEGM.descr]={"Clinker and Cement"},[CALYEAR]={"$(vPreviousYear)"}>}[_volume_SO]))/

Sum({$<[HSUBSEGM.descr]={"Clinker and Cement"},[CALYEAR]={"$(vPreviousYear)"}>}[_volume_SO]),'#,##0.#0%')

Thanks & Regards,
Mayil Vahanan R
Kushal_Chawda

@ismasani  try below

=(Sum({$<[HSUBSEGM.descr]={"Clinker and Cement"},[CALYEAR]={">=$(vCurrentYear)"}>}[_volume_SO])-  
Sum({$<[HSUBSEGM.descr]={"Clinker and Cement"},[CALYEAR]={">=$(vPreviousYear)<=$(vPreviousYear)"}>}[_volume_SO]))
/
Sum({$<[HSUBSEGM.descr]={"Clinker and Cement"},[CALYEAR]={">=$(vCurrentYear)"}>}[_volume_SO])
danny59486
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Please try this below code.

sum({$<Year = {$(=max(Year)-1)}>}Price_Pcs_Incl_Discount) - sum({$<Year = {$(=max(Year))}>}Price_Pcs_Incl_Discount)) to show growth in % in this case my Revenue growth is 50 % because it got double from last year.