Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
haskia
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Integrating QDC Catalog in Qlik Sense via QDC Catalog Service API

Hello, 

After having successfully established the feature "Publish to Qlik Sense", I found this Instruction  on integrating Qlik Data Catalyst with Qlik Sense Enterprise.

However, I am stuck at the following points:

==============================

2. Enable the QDC Catalog Service:

Open the services.conf file located here: C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\ServiceDispatcher.
In the qdc-catalog-service section, set Disabled=false.

=============================

In our services.conf file there is no such field. See below extract:

[qdc-catalog-service]
Identity=Qlik.qdc-catalog-service
DisplayName=QDC Catalog Service
ExePath=dotnet\dotnet.exe
UseScript=true

[qdc-catalog-service.parameters]
..\QdcCatalogService\qdc-catalog-service.dl

I followed through the remaining points according to the instruction in above link and instructions in the Qlik Data Catalyst December SR1 Integration Guide (Feb 18, 2020).

But when I reached point no. 8 explaining the "QDC Catalog Service Configuration" I could not get any valid results. 

• In the first tab [PostgreSQL Server] I am not sure which database inforamtion to add. Does it refer to the QS or the QDC database? Which user and database would this be i a default installation? What does the error message "Failed to test provided PG Server information: A task was canceled." mean.
  • In the second tab [QDC server] I can test the connection sucessfully but when I click Apply it throws an error: 
    "Failed to save QDC Server information: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." 
  • In the third tab [QDC JWT], it seems like a new JWT is created. Do I need to paste the previously built JWT token here?

System Specs: CentOS 7.7 | Java 1.8.0 OpenJDK | QlikSenseServer 13.62.7 (Feb 2020 Patch 1) | Qlik Data Catalyst 4.4.2 15.370 Dec. 2019 SR2 |

Thank you for your help! 

Labels (1)
19 Replies
Christopher_Ortega

My understanding is that the support team is working on that categorization now.  As long as you specify it is a QDC issue within the ticket it will be assigned / routed appropriately.

danielrozental_itm
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi, I'm getting the "Failed to save QDC Server information: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." error as well.

Do you know how to solve that? Test works fine but when I hit apply it shows the error. Tried the podium user but got the same result.

maksim_senin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

...and what about "Failed to validate QDC JWT: The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception."?

It was displayed at JWT section of QDC config. page.

🙂

Looking for information, but if someone faced it - please share your findings.

Thanx!

maksim_senin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

@Christopher_Ortega  Hi Christopher,

I did not find any information about the error "Failed to validate QDC JWT: The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception." arised during QDC JWT genertion, I check QDC Catalog Service logs, but do not know any other logs/files to be check for analysis.

Could you please clarify where the "inner exception" can be found?

I've check the process with different QDC host names (domain one and IPs - internal and external ones), but not luck...

Thanking you in advance.

Hordy_Beauzile
Support
Support

Hi @maksim_senin,

Can you create a support ticket so we can look at this issue more in depth? This is where you can log it and we can troubleshoot your environment from there: https://support.qlik.com/QS_ContactUs.

Thanks!

maksim_senin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

@Hordy_Beauzile  Hi Hordy, yep I already submitted support ticket and am keeping fingers crossed 🤞

CHUPRINOV
Contributor II
Contributor II

We are seeing the same problem (Failed to save QDC Server information: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ). when performing step 4 of this instruction https://help.qlik.com/en-US/catalog/February2021/Content/Resources/PDFs/QlikCatalogQlikSense_Februar...   Technical support still can't give a solution.

DmitryD
Support
Support

Hi Roman,

Thank you for reaching out. I´ve tried contacting you through the support case you have raised regarding this issue.

Please try to restart both Tomcat and Qlik Sense services and try saving the configuration again.

If that fails,  please reply on the support case with a suitable timeslot in order to troubleshoot this together during a working session.

As a last resort, you may add the following line as mentioned by the user Haskia.

2. Enable the QDC Catalog Service:

Open the services.conf file located here: C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\ServiceDispatcher.
In the qdc-catalog-service section, set Disabled=false.

=============================

[qdc-catalog-service]
Identity=Qlik.qdc-catalog-service
DisplayName=QDC Catalog Service
ExePath=dotnet\dotnet.exe
UseScript=true
Disabled=false     <<<  Add this line and save the file. Restart Qlik Sense Services and try again.

We hope the above was helpful and remain at your disposal for any other queries you might have.

Thank you for your time.

DmitryD
Support
Support

Hi Haskia,

thank you for reaching out, would you be able to advise if you´re still experiencing issues with setting up the Qlik Catalog integration with Qlik Sense?

If yes, please inform what the current status is.
If not, kindly let us know how the issue was solved in your scenario so we could mark the post as "solved" ?

We remain at your disposal for any other questions, doubts or concerns you might have.

Thank you for your time.

DmitryD
Support
Support

For anyone reading this article who is on a version prior to Qlik Catalog 4.5, please upgrade to a later (preferably the latest) release as this issue has been resolved in posterior versions.

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,

Dimitry