cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mingsum214
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Publish to QS Configuration

I am refering to "Specification_Integration_QlikSense_QlikDataCatalyst_PublishtoQlik.20190724" this document to configure publish to QS function. However, I have some uncertainty for the setting as I am not that experience in server setup and config.

1. For the podium.qlik.dataconnection in core_env, are there any limitation of what data connection to use in this variable? As I cannot find much info for this variable, can anyone suggest where can I find related setting docs for this.

2. For the variable qlik.sense.url in core_env, I know that I have to change <qlik-sense-url> to my IP for Qlikserver E.g. 192.168.1.123, so do I need to make any changes to <podium-gen-app-id> ? As I see from the code in createQlikApp.js, the app ID is random generate.

3. For createQlikApp.js, as the document say I have to change the engineHost, enginePort and userDirectory. For engineHost, it should be the QSServer IP, enginePort = 4747 as I follow default installation, but for userDirectory and I am not quite sure what value I should put inside. Is it JWT attribute for user directory when I create virtual proxy for QDC ?

Labels (2)
1 Reply
ThiebaudS
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi there,

1. I will suppose that you have a single node installation of QDC. In this case, on your QlikSense server, you need to create a data connection to your QDC postgreSQL database (this should be in the documentation). Then in the podium.qlik.dataconnection you will set the name of this data connection.

2. Don't change the <podium-gen-app-id>, it will be auto generated

3. In Qlik Sense QMC, if you check your users list, they all have a "User Directory". In many cases this will be your active directory domain name. Just use this value in the js file.

Best regards,

Thiebaud