Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashish_dalvi22
Partner - Contributor III

QDC and Snowflake integration

Hi,

I have installed snowflake driver and setup source connection for it in QDC. The connection works fine. But when I try to add data from Snowflake to QDC it throws attached error. Can someone please help. 

Error! core.error.code.METADATA_TABLE_LOAD_FAILURE - Failed to get field metadata for table : SQL compilation error: syntax error line 1 at position 24 unexpected '.'.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bvz
Employee
Employee

Hi.

How did you setup the connector in QDC Admin?

I used "net.snowflake.client.jdbc.SnowflakeDriver" as Driver Class Name, and double quotes as escape character (see screenshot attached). 

I installed the snowflake-jdbc-3.9.2.jar and it works as expected.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
bvz
Employee
Employee

Hi.

How did you setup the connector in QDC Admin?

I used "net.snowflake.client.jdbc.SnowflakeDriver" as Driver Class Name, and double quotes as escape character (see screenshot attached). 

I installed the snowflake-jdbc-3.9.2.jar and it works as expected.

Hope this helps.

ashish_dalvi22
Author

Thank you so much for your help. That double quotes as escape character in driver setting did the trick 🙂

-Ashish

Lavanyasreepada
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi 

Generally alluded to as ETL, information coordination envelops the accompanying three essential activities:

Concentrate

Sending out information from determined information sources.

Change

Changing the source information (varying), utilizing rules, combines, query tables or other transformation techniques, to coordinate the objective.

Burden

Bringing the subsequent changed information into an objective information base.

The later utilization of the term is ELT, underlining that the change activity doesn't really should be performed prior to stacking, especially in frameworks, for example, Snowflake that helps change during or in the wake of stacking.

Moreover, the extent of information combination has extended to incorporate a more extensive scope of tasks, including:

Information readiness.

Information relocation, development, and board.

Information stockroom computerization.

Thanks and Regards,

Lavanya Sreepada

maksim_senin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Kudos!

The same works for the cdata.jdbc.excel.ExcelDriver - use " as delimiter... and finally you'll be able to load data (not just metadata) from MS Excel xlsx file into Qlik Catalog.