cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonrayos
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlik Data Catalyst June 2020 SQL Server data source error

After installing QDC June 2020 release, I am observing strange behavior when trying to pull data from a SQL Server data source. I have deployed the correct driver and successfully added the source connection, however, when attempting to 'Add Data' from this source, I am seeing the error below(Please note i've replaced my actual db name with DBNAME):

at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:107)
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:331)
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilterInternal(FilterChainProxy.java:214)
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:177)
at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:346)
at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:262)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:219)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:110)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:494)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:169)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:104)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:1025)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:116)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:445)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1137)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:637)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:319)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: com.podiumdata.base.error.PodiumFault: core.error.code.METADATA_LOAD_FAILURE - Failed to get schema metadata
at com.nvs.core.metadata.MetaDataObject.getSchemaMetaData(MetaDataObject.java:132)
at com.nvs.core.metadata.MetaDataObject.getSchemaMetaData(MetaDataObject.java:36)
... 104 more
Caused by: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Invalid object name '[DBNAME].sys.schemas'.
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDatabaseError(SQLServerException.java:262)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.getNextResult(SQLServerStatement.java:1632)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.doExecuteStatement(SQLServerStatement.java:872)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement$StmtExecCmd.doExecute(SQLServerStatement.java:767)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSCommand.execute(IOBuffer.java:7225)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.executeCommand(SQLServerConnection.java:3053)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.executeCommand(SQLServerStatement.java:247)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.executeStatement(SQLServerStatement.java:222)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.executeQueryInternal(SQLServerStatement.java:699)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDatabaseMetaData.getResultSetFromInternalQueries(SQLServerDatabaseMetaData.java:290)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDatabaseMetaData.getSchemasInternal(SQLServerDatabaseMetaData.java:1480)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDatabaseMetaData.getSchemas(SQLServerDatabaseMetaData.java:1499)
at com.nvs.core.metadata.MetaDataObject.getSchemaMetaData(MetaDataObject.java:130)

While trying to diagnose, I captured the query from QDC on the SQL server side using the XEvent Profiler only to find that QDC is adding erroneous brackets as seen here:

select [[DBNAME]]].sys.schemas.name 'TABLE_SCHEM', CASE WHEN [[DBNAME]]].sys.schemas.name IN ('dbo', 'guest','INFORMATION_SCHEMA','sys','db_owner', 'db_accessadmin', 'db_securityadmin', 'db_ddladmin' ,'db_backupoperator','db_datareader','db_datawriter','db_denydatareader','db_denydatawriter') THEN null ELSE '[DBNAME]' END 'TABLE_CATALOG' from [[DBNAME]]].sys.schemas order by 2, 1

I've attempted to remove the escape characters from the database driver settings located @ Admin>Database Drivers>SQLSERVER> Edit Details...

However, this throws a new error when attempting to pull data: 

Error! pgui.error.code.DYNAMIC_ERROR - null

Has anyone been able to successfully pull data from a SQL Server connection on June 2020? This was a clean install but I was previously on December 2019 which was working without issues. After attempting to upgrade from Dec 2019 > June 2020 and experiencing issues, I started with fresh server.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonrayos
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

@qliktechie15  I have been informed that the September release includes a fix for this bug. 

View solution in original post

16 Replies
DaveHowland
Employee
Employee

Sql Server version? And what version driver are you using? 

jonrayos
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

SQL Server version 2017 & Microsoft JDBC Driver 8.2 for SQL Server (mssql-jdbc-8.2.0.jre8.jar)

DaveHowland
Employee
Employee

Thanks @jonrayos  , 

Would you be willing to try 8.2.2 jre8?

This looks a lot like it's a jdbc driver issue, and that's one I've had some good success with. 

David

jonrayos
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks for the suggestion David,

Unfortunately we are seeing the same error with 8.2.2 jre8

DaveHowland
Employee
Employee

Thanks for that...it will be needed at some point in any case.

Attached is a copy of the Driver registration screen, can you show me what yours looks like?

jonrayos
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Dave,

Please see the attached screenshot. I did play around with the escape character default values while attempting to fix the issue but have set them back to their original values. 

DaveHowland
Employee
Employee

Thanks @jonrayos 

Can you please create a support ticket, so we can help troubleshoot this issue better with you. The link to create a support ticket is :https://support.qlik.com/QS_ContactUs

Thanks, David

qliktechie15
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi,

I am facing the same issue. 

Has there been any solution for this ?

Thanks

jonrayos
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

@qliktechie15 ,

I have submitted a support ticket - I will post the solution when it comes.