Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wallibee
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Data Catalyst for QVD

Hello 

Question concerning QDC and QSE.

Is there a possibility that Qlik Data Catalyst be installed on the same server as Qlik Sense. can they share the same environment ?

Given the fact that they have separate license based is this possible for them to be on the same server or environment?

Can someone help with a detailed explanation or link ?

Thanks in advanced

Labels (3)
4 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
DaveHowland
Employee
Employee

@Simba03  , 

QDC installations must be on Linux. QSE is Windows only. So no,  the two cannot be installed on the same host. 
This isn't a license issue, as much as it's a hardware / software requirement. 

thanks, David

View solution in original post

Wallibee
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you @DaveHowland 

This response is of great value to me.

So if I understand well the Identity Management will be best practice to reach out with appropriate credentials to get to your  Active Directory server and we pull every user in the groups that you define in the group query. Automatically creating them as users and groups within the QDC

Regards 

Simber 

DaveHowland
Employee
Employee

@Wallibee  , 

Yes, that's correct .. QDC users can be 'local', i.e. users in the application, or 'AD users' , that is users being pulled from Active Directory -- both users and groups. Those users and groups are driven from an LDAP query you plug into QDC , and if it's the same AD domain and LDAP, the QS and QDC user / groups list should be identical. 

David

DaveHowland
Employee
Employee

@Wallibee  , 

Can I ask if this is the solution you were looking for? If so, can I ask you to close this. Otherwise, any other questions are more than welcome. 

David

4 Replies
DaveHowland
Employee
Employee

@Simba03  , 

QDC installations must be on Linux. QSE is Windows only. So no,  the two cannot be installed on the same host. 
This isn't a license issue, as much as it's a hardware / software requirement. 

thanks, David

Wallibee
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you @DaveHowland 

This response is of great value to me.

So if I understand well the Identity Management will be best practice to reach out with appropriate credentials to get to your  Active Directory server and we pull every user in the groups that you define in the group query. Automatically creating them as users and groups within the QDC

Regards 

Simber 

DaveHowland
Employee
Employee

@Wallibee  , 

Yes, that's correct .. QDC users can be 'local', i.e. users in the application, or 'AD users' , that is users being pulled from Active Directory -- both users and groups. Those users and groups are driven from an LDAP query you plug into QDC , and if it's the same AD domain and LDAP, the QS and QDC user / groups list should be identical. 

David

DaveHowland
Employee
Employee

@Wallibee  , 

Can I ask if this is the solution you were looking for? If so, can I ask you to close this. Otherwise, any other questions are more than welcome. 

David