cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RHodd
Contributor II
Contributor II

Data manager - Select data from source

My apps use Microsoft SQL Server via Direct Access gateway as their data source. Recently, I've been unable to load the "Select data from source" window to add new fields:

RHodd_0-1674470211685.png

The window pops up but just shows the loading wheel forever:

RHodd_1-1674470248627.png

Can anyone please advise?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RHodd
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Albert,

I've tried to edit the fields in the following scenarios:

1. Duplicating an app in the problem Space.
  2. Moving an app from the problem Space to a working Space.
  3. Moving an app from a working Space to the problem Space.
  4. Creating an app from scratch in the problem Space.

In 1 and 2, the issue prevails. In 3 and 4, it doesn't. So, moving a working app and creating a brand new one doesn't "corrupt" the data connection.

I'll record a short video of what I'm seeing and post it to the support case. Hopefully that will help. I'd like to avoid recreating all of the apps with the issue. Not just because of the time it will take, also because the issue may return in the future.

Thanks,

Richard

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Albert_Candelario

Hello @RHodd ,

Thanks for posting.

Did you opened the Developer Tools of the browser to see if there is any request that is stuck?

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
RHodd
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Albert,

Thanks for your response. I've captured the har files from Chrome and Edge (same behaviour in both). However, I can't actually view the case that was created in the support portal, I'm getting an access denied error:

RHodd_0-1676640384959.png

I'll raise this separately but in the meantime, the problematic area of the network activity is this:

"content": { "size": 202, "mimeType": "application/json", "text": "{\"errors\":[{\"code\":\"DCERROR-0040\",\"title\":\"Resource not found\",\"status\":404,\"detail\":\"No connection found matching 'ba001c81-2359-4ee2-8b50-730246412619'\"}],\"traceId\":\"00000000000000004746a92dfe809015\"}" }, 

This is generated when the spinning wheel appears.

After a bit more testing, it only seems to be happening in one of our spaces, and we have three with identical direct access gateway SQL connections. Apps in the space with the above issue appear to be retrieving the data connection by ID when it comes to using the "Select data from source" function, and it's possible that the data connection for that space has been set up again with the same name to try to counter another issue we were having. There haven't been any issues with reloading the tables, so I assume that the connection is identified in a different way here.

Thanks,

Richard

Albert_Candelario

Hello @RHodd,

Contact us via our Chat, by clicking Contact Support on any Support Page across Qlik Community, so you can check your access denied issue when accessing our portal.

So, would it be possible to create a new connection to that particular space ? Also notice Data Gateway 1.3.0 was  release just yesterday, so we encourage you to upgrade to such version.

Cheers,

Albert

RHodd
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Albert,

I've got access to the support case portal now. I have tried replacing the data connection in that space with an identical one, but this has not resolved the issue. The apps in that space seem determined to find the data connection with an ID that no longer exists.

I was using Data Gateway v1.2.0 and have upgraded to v1.3.0, which hasn't made any difference to this issue.

Also, deleting the tables and adding them back using a newly-created data connection in the problem Space doesn't fix the issue. I still get the spinning wheel when trying to edit the fields.

Thanks,

Richard

Albert_Candelario

Hello @RHodd ,

I think we would need to get further details to be able to assist you.

Have you check the Qlik Data Gateway logs on your server if it is any warning/error that could give a lead here?

Cheers,

Albert

RHodd
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Albert,

Nothing gets logged on the Data Gateway server when the spinning wheel pops up. I don't think it's getting to the stage where it needs to communicate with the Data Gateway.

I'll do a bit more testing and get back to you later.

Thanks,

Richard

RHodd
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Albert,

I've tried to edit the fields in the following scenarios:

1. Duplicating an app in the problem Space.
  2. Moving an app from the problem Space to a working Space.
  3. Moving an app from a working Space to the problem Space.
  4. Creating an app from scratch in the problem Space.

In 1 and 2, the issue prevails. In 3 and 4, it doesn't. So, moving a working app and creating a brand new one doesn't "corrupt" the data connection.

I'll record a short video of what I'm seeing and post it to the support case. Hopefully that will help. I'd like to avoid recreating all of the apps with the issue. Not just because of the time it will take, also because the issue may return in the future.

Thanks,

Richard

Albert_Candelario

Thanks for sharing!

Yes, please, share the video on the Support case and might be worth to try to replicate on our side for the engineering team unless is something they might be already aware,  that we will review.

Cheers,

Albert

khustabak
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys, just wondering which technical doc tools you use for Qlik Sense to record which would be able to record what variables etc. Exist on our visualisations. The idea would be to auto generate a doc for report preparers or stakeholders to get an understanding of what they are lies just underneath what they are looking at and how the number was generated.

Any ideas on what is possible here?