Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmcy2408
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Data Gateway - Direct Access : Setting up MS SQL Connector using an ODBC connection on Gateway Server

Hi,

Have setup and activated the Qlik Data Gateway - Direct Access on an On-Prem server.

Data Gateway is showing as connected via the QMC

I've tried to setup a Microsoft SQL Server (via Access Data Gateway) to connect to an ODBC connection but i'm unsure as to the settings, can some explain the process or answer the below:

What driver should the ODBC connection be setup using, i've setup two using:

• Qlik-mssql - (named Source1)
  • SQL Server - (named Source2)

Both Test Connections = Success.

On Qlik Saas - using the the "Microsoft SQL Server (via Direct Access gateway)" connector what parameters should be entered?

For server i've tried the following combinations without success

• Source1
  • Source2
  • localhost\Source1
  • localhost\Source2

Every time i receive this error:

Status(StatusCode="Internal", Detail="Command testconnection returned non-success: Error message: Please check the values for Username‚ Password‚ Host and other properties. Description: Client unable to establish connection - ERROR [08001] [Qlik][SqlServer] Failed to locate Server/Instance Specified.")

I can find no documentation as to how this should be setup.

Would appreciate anyone's help.

Thanks

John

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

If you want to use the SQL as your data source and you configured the data gateway accurately, you would only then need to use the data in a Qlik Sense app.

The configuration required is by adding a new connection as per the partial screen below.

Insert the connection string into the app.

Then begin selecting data. (the example below is a Postgres connection on my computer). Your screen for SQL may be different.

Hope this helps....

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

If you want to use the SQL as your data source and you configured the data gateway accurately, you would only then need to use the data in a Qlik Sense app.

The configuration required is by adding a new connection as per the partial screen below.

Insert the connection string into the app.

Then begin selecting data. (the example below is a Postgres connection on my computer). Your screen for SQL may be different.

Hope this helps....

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
FedericoC
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi,

You can't use ODBC but MS SQL (Gateway) Connector directly.

Regards