Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flo_Kopp
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlik Data Gateway - Failed often

Hi there,

just got the problem yesterday and today that 8 out of 10 times i try to load data via Qlik Data Gateway it fails with the notice:

"Requested endpoint could not be provisioned due to failure to acquire a load slot:"

Flo_Kopp_0-1673367461476.png

Any of you got some ideas ?

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Albert_Candelario

Hello all,

As mentioned, today a fix has been delivered in regards this topic and has been already resolved. If you experience new issues in this topic kindly let us know.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

View solution in original post

Albert_Candelario

@Akhil2  this seems a different error form the one reported here.

The one reported here should have been already been resolved on newer versions and we do recommend to stay with the latest 1.6.1.

If this error still happens after moving to 1.6.1 please open a new post, and we will have a look.

Cheers,

Albert

View solution in original post

23 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Yes can you tell if

• the Data Gateway is close to the database geographically or is it far way.
    • Solution: it should be close to the source data
  • are you using the most up to date data gateway? 
  • Is the Data Gateway installed on the same computer as the source database?
    • This is not recommended as this may cause performance issues.

Also check the system requirements and limitations here:

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Flo_Kopp
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Frank,

here you go:

• the Data Gateway is close to the database geographically or is it far way?
    • Same machine
    • if i got it right it is 1.1.1 downloaded at 12/12/2022
  • is the Data Gateway installed on the same computer as the source database?
    • yes it is

thanks a lot and best regards 

weephil76
Contributor II
Contributor II

Funnily enough this has also started happening to us as of yesterday and the only change has been IT have applied patches to the data gateway server.

I am going to request they roll them back and see if that makes any difference.

For us, 

• the Data Gateway is close to the database geographically or is it far way?
    • Own dedicated machine on same network in same building
    • No, we are on 1.0.0.0 but its worked perfectly till yesterday when the gateway server was patched
    • No, its on its own server

Thanks

Phil

weephil76
Contributor II
Contributor II

So the good news is that removing the patches has meant I have had a successful run of our Extractors using the Gateway.  

Information being sent to Qlik Support via our support vendor along with a list of patches applied.

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Flo_Kopp

• yes it is

So in this case, your environment 'could' be the cause of the issue.

As such I would suggest installing the Data Gateway on a supported (see requirements section of the help page link below), dedicated server in order to be inline with installation documentation.

General limitations and considerations

This section describes the limitations and considerations you should be aware of when using Qlik Data Gateway - Direct Access.

• If, for any reason, the Direct Access gateway server is rebooted during a Qlik application reload, the reload will fail. Restart the Qlik application reload to refresh the data.
  • The data gateway software should be installed on a dedicated Window Server as stipulated in the System Requirements below. Do not install it on the actual data source server or on a server that already has Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows or Qlik DataTransfer installed.

If the issue persists after doing so then I would suggest starting a support case so we can perform an more in depth analysis of the issue.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Flo_Kopp
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hello Frank, 

thanks for your reply. I will take that solution into consideration.

Best regards

AlexOmetis
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

We've been told the issue has been resolved on Qlik's side. We don't have any more information as to the cause or the resolution at the moment - we have requested that. However, at least one customer is seeing successful connections where they weren't before. Is that the case for others experiencing the issue? 

Qlik Partner Ambassador 2024
Albert_Candelario

Hello all,

As mentioned, today a fix has been delivered in regards this topic and has been already resolved. If you experience new issues in this topic kindly let us know.

Cheers,

Albert

ChristofSchwarz
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

My client has the same error message with Qlik Data gateway. The only way to reload data in the app is if I am reloading it either from the app Dataloadeditor or with "reload now" context menu of an app in the /explore/space menu. The only person, who can successfully trigger an reload, it seems, is me ... although my colleages have exactly the same rights in the space and same professional license and admin level in Qlik SaaS that I have. This is not logical at all

ChristofSchwarz_0-1674595398606.png