Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rolando_Montero
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Qlik Lineage SaaS

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all doing great. I would like to ask you if Qlik Data Lineage, available in Qlik SaaS, has any sort of restrictions. This is because sometimes it shows the whole data journey from the source to where it is used,  and sometimes it just shows the space where the data is stored. For example, you can see I am using a single QVD from a space. I have another app that creates those QVDs and stored them into such space. However, I cannot see where the file comes from.

Rolando_Montero_0-1659709859758.png

On the other hand, I created a new extraction app from scratch that connects to a new API and stores a QVD into a space. I have also created an app that uses that QVD and the result is totally different due to the fact that I can see the entire linage.

Rolando_Montero_1-1659710247468.png

I have some others apps that do not show the linage despite the fact that de data comes from connections set up on SaaS.

Does this feature have a condition for it to show the lineage? A specific amount of reloads in order for it to show everything?

I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Best regards

Labels (2)
6 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

There are some issues with data lineage /impact in Qlik Sense Cloud. I have reported a similar case to Qlik Support where the R&D are still doing a defect validations. Hopefully they will figure and fix it.

Rolando_Montero
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hello @Vegar ,

Thanks for your reply. We must have to wait until the problem is fixed then.

Have a nice day 

Rolando_Montero
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hello @Vegar,

After you reported the issue, didn't the support team tell you when this issue might be solved? It would be great to have a sort of date so that we can give Qlik Lineage one more try. 

Thanks again!

Vegar
MVP
MVP

No they didn't.  My support case is still open, but I assume that Support is waiting on reponse from R&D before they can give me any new response.

Rolando_Montero
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks for the reply! I think we just have to wait until the problem is fixed.

Rolando_Montero
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hello again @Vegar, did Qlik support give you an answer regarding the issue with the lineage functionality?

Best regards