Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Answered a question but still being moderated

Hi all,

I answered a question How to Calculate Duplicate % but still the answer is being moderated.

Later it was answered by some other member and got correct answer(the code given as answer is nearly same as i gave)

Putting screenshot here.

Can anyone explain why.

Regards

Krishna KS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

People can only read the answers that are not (still) in moderation queue.

So what most likely happened is that your answer was not yet visible when someone else posted the same / similar answer. That answer most likely got flagged Correct before your post was even visible.

Based on the times you and the other (correct) answer were posted, you were simply "unlucky" because a moderator was not active around that time. It was early in the morning for me (and I was off) and the regular / more active moderators (or at least during the summer vacation time) are based in the US, so would not have been awake for another 7 hours.

May you live in interesting times!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

People can only read the answers that are not (still) in moderation queue.

So what most likely happened is that your answer was not yet visible when someone else posted the same / similar answer. That answer most likely got flagged Correct before your post was even visible.

Based on the times you and the other (correct) answer were posted, you were simply "unlucky" because a moderator was not active around that time. It was early in the morning for me (and I was off) and the regular / more active moderators (or at least during the summer vacation time) are based in the US, so would not have been awake for another 7 hours.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your rely Onno. My doubt is other answers posted are available to view. If the later answers are approved by moderators they could have seen my answer too.

My another doubt is whether all answers go through moderation.

Regards

Krishna KS

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

All posts of everyone end up in moderation queue till they have scored a set amount of points.

There are a few exceptions to the above. For example:

- Post with specific key words or links to places not on the approved list will always end up in moderation queue

- Qlik employees (those people with a star)  will not end up in moderation queue

There are a few more exceptions, but we are not going to share those so that potential spammers can not adjust their behavior and bypass our system.

The points level was put in place after we had some serious spam attacks over a year ago that effectively killed the community. Since then we have hardly had any spam trouble.

As you probably noticed, you latest reply did not end up in moderation queue, so chances are you made it to above the moderation queue points level.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Onno for your reply. It really helped and clarified the issue. Thanks a lot.