Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rodney
Contributor III
Contributor III

Creating an Overlay Chart - same data over multiple years

Hi, 

Can someone please point me in the direction of a tutorial that shows me how to create something like this in QlikSense? 

I have a drill down date dimension which we want to be able to see how two (or more) years look for each month over time. 

I found an example for QlikView on the old community site last week( here )  , but nothing for QlikSense.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

That's a simple line chart with two dimensions. If you don't have a year and a month dimension, but you do have a date field in your data model then you can create Year and Month fields from the date field when you load your data. The expression are simply Year(MyDateField) and Month(MyDateField). Make sure to replace MyDateField with the name of your datefield.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

That's a simple line chart with two dimensions. If you don't have a year and a month dimension, but you do have a date field in your data model then you can create Year and Month fields from the date field when you load your data. The expression are simply Year(MyDateField) and Month(MyDateField). Make sure to replace MyDateField with the name of your datefield.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Rodney
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Gysbert