Qlik Community

Qlik Community Help Discussions

Discussion board for questions on how to use Qlik Community and its features.

jonvitale
Contributor III

Editing a Qlik Community Document

Hi all,

I just created my first Qlik Community document:

Transforming Variables to Strings for the Load Script using Sublime Text

Besides this being a shameless plug for feedback, I found something I want to change in the text of the document and can't seem to find any sort of edit button. I'm logged in the same account from which I created the document, but I seem to be viewing it just like a user. I assume you can update documents, else what would be the point of having revision numbers?

What am I missing? (by the way, this feels like a dumb post, I'm sure it's something obvious).

Jonathan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sli
Valued Contributor II

Re: Editing a Qlik Community Document

Hello Jonathan,

Great document! It is very easy to read and has some great subject matter which I think other members will find very useful. I have just approved it in the moderation queue.

So- you were able to edit versions before you submitted it, once you submitted/published the document it went into the moderation queue.

A little bit about moderation:

• Documents cannot be edited while in moderation
  • We require moderation for documents/resources because we seem to get a high number of submissions which are actually discussion threads/questions that newer members try to post in document form.
  • We along with other online communities have had spam issues in the past where people posted a document had it approved then re-posted it with inappropriate content.
  • When you edit documents they will go back through the moderation queue

I know it seems tedious but if there were no spammers and everyone followed the guidelines we wouldn't need these things. Many of these safeguards are already built in to the platform.

Categorization- Your document sits within the larger Qlik Sense Resource library. If you want to tag with Qlik_Sense_App_Development or whatever similar tag is offered by the system it should show in the app development area resources. BUT I will need to work with you to confirm.

I hope this helps and thanks stalwar1‌ for getting this on my radar.

Best, Sara

19 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

on the right under recommendations you have :

ACTIONS:

Modify

MVP
MVP

Seems like something to do with the area where it is posted... I see I can EDIT someone elses post in QlikView Resource Library

Capture.PNG

YoussefBelloum
Esteemed Contributor

It is normal Sunny, it's easier for Qlikteck to give you super admin access..

jonvitale
Contributor III

This is what I see, you can see it is me logged in at the top:

MVP
MVP

I see the same thing and that is why I am saying that this seems to be an issue related to the group you have posted it. May be someone from Qlik Community can help sli

jonvitale
Contributor III

You're right, for some reason it is in the "Qlik Sense Resource LibraryDocuments"

I thought I marked it to be in "All Places > Qlik Sense Forums > Qlik Sense - App Development & Usage"

Yes, hopefully if I can't edit it in this location I can move it over to the intended place. Else, I guess I'll just have to delete it and recreate it in the correct location.

jonvitale
Contributor III

Funny, like you stalwar1‌, I can edit in the corresponding location for QlikView. This isn't even my post. Perhaps, I've come across some kind of bug?

MVP
MVP

Editing someone else document isn't a bug. This is a feature which allows for collaboration. In case you find a error in a document or if you think you have some new knowledge you can add to an existing document, you can just Edit it. This way you don't have to create new documents for the same topic. Also, there is a version history, so if someone have messed up your initial document, you can always revert back to your original.

MVP
MVP

In addition, that's something you can control via advanced settings in the document editor:

2018-01-18 17_34_12-Edit Document Compound Search - demystified _ Qlik Community.png