Qlik Community

Qlik Community Help Discussions

Discussion board for questions on how to use Qlik Community and its features.

Highlighted
sli
Valued Contributor II

Getting Started: Questions and Discussion Threads

Qlik Community has a variety of areas and content types for its members.

Discussion Forums are where you can review discussions, ask a question or comment on a thread.

• Questions are when someone needs ideas or feedback from the community. New discussion threads default to be marked as questions. Responses to a Question can be marked by the poster as Helpful (limit of 2) or Correct (limit of 1). Members get more points if their response is marked correct or helpful.

• Discussion threads are when someone wants to post a discussion topic but it is informational and the poster would like ideas and responses but not necessarily an answer. Community moderators or employees will often post information and updates this way.

Questions and Discussion threads have actions available for you on the upper right hand corner of the page: Follow, Share, Bookmark or Like.

You may also 'Like' individual responses to the post in the body of the thread to quickly show support for other members.

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
15 Replies
lauracastagna
Contributor

Re: Getting Started: Questions and Discussion Threads

i had the helper ask me to load my data.  How do i do this as I don't see any "attachment"options in the Reply box?

Not applicable

Hi,

on the right top of the box you have a Use advanced editor clik on it there you can attach the files etc.

Thanks

Harshitha

Not applicable

Hi everyone,

Recently the community changed my firstname and lastname for "dwdwe dewdw" without my permission (it was Pollyanna Goncalves before.). But I can´t find a way to change it back or to contact some support. What can I do?

Thanks!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Pollyanna,

My name's Jeremy and I'm a moderator for the community. Thanks for letting us know about your issue. I'll get in touch with you through email shortly and make sure we get everything taken care of.

Best regards,

Jeremy

chooco_co
Valued Contributor

Hi Sara,

Is it possible that a discussion deleted ?

Because my post for a discussion is gone.

Thanks

Marco

gwassenaar
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes a user can delete discussions he/she started. Any user can also delete his/her post in a discussion and choose to delete all the replies to that post as well or leave the replies and delete only his/her own post.

sli
Valued Contributor II

Hello Marco,

Gysbert is correct in that a content owner can delete response posts. I would think that would occur when some are duplicate or not helpful. Also our moderators have this ability. Our policy is not to delete comments unless they don't add value. For example we are always cleaning up blogs, and resources to remove excessive comments such as 'thanks, nice, good job'. Those are good confirmations and are positive in the short term but clog up the user experience. We tend to leave them for awhile to show the support then clean up later.

Hope this helps and have a great day!

sahal_omerhassa
New Contributor III

I Just called the support team of QlikTech and wanted to know how i "Start a question" without having to add or include a disscussion, and the answer was....... They did not know(?)..

I (or we) need to have this easier there should be a button or some kind of link that says "Ask a question" or "Start a discussion" there is a difference in my opinoin.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sahal,

Thanks for letting us know that this was confusing for you. I will see what options we have available to make it more clear in the future. In case you haven't seen this yet, once you click on "Start a discussion" you are taken to the form to fill out. There you can "Mark this discussion as a question," which is already checked by default:

Start a Discussion.png

Unchecking that box will make your post appear as a discussion instead of a question. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you.

Best regards,

Qlik Community Moderation Team