Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do you use multiple Alternate States in an Expression (Set Analysis?)

I am new to the concept of Comparative Analysis.  I've created two alternate states for two list boxes.  These boxes each have a list of Dates for which I'm comparing sales (in a Bar chart).  Here is one of the formulas I'm using:

Sum ( { [Group1] } Sales)

My problem is this: when I select values in other List Boxes the values in the Bar chart do not change.  I thought perhaps I need to assign the other List boxes their own alternate states/groups, but then I can't figure out how to use these other alternatet states in the set analysis/expression.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to use multiple list boxes/alternate states in an expression so that they will show the appropriate values in my Bar chart?

Thanks!    Dan

2 Replies
CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,

Check this

http://community.qlik.com/message/210996#210996

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the response, but I'm still a little confused.  Is this thread saying that I need to get more complex in my List boxes, or do I need those more complex expressions in my chart expressions? (or both?).

I've tried copying the expressioni formula but I get errors...perhaps I'm missing something:

Sum ( {Group1] < Partner = $::Partner, Placement = $::Placement, Channel=$::Channel>} Sales)

I get all errors (red squiggles) on everying AFTER the first "=" sign.  What might I be missing?