Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Licence purchasing

Hi,

What is the best or correct process for purchasing licences for QlikView ?

Should you approach QlikTech to be allocated to a Partner or do you go directly to a Partner ?

Thankyou,

MW

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Melanie

Whoever you buy your licences from will get a commission on the licence cost and also an ongoing commission on all annual support payments.  As such they will want you want to keep using them to protect their revenue stream.

However if you do fall out with a Partner, for whatever reason, then you can change to a different Partner.

I'd suggest you do ask QlikTech to confirm this though ....................

Also you can use whomsoever you wish for Consultancy.  I purchased licences from QlikTech, but use a small consultancy that is not a QlikTech Partner but is very, very good at QlikView and good value for money.

Best Regards,     Bill

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Melanie

Whichever you fancy - it makes no difference, unless you already have a partner in mind in which case go to them.

If you are also going to use a Partner for consultancy, then do check out 2 or 3 to see which is the best fit for your requirements.

Best Regards,     Bill

Not applicable
Author

Hi, Bill.

Thanks for your reply.

If we go with a partner are we generally tied to that partner for additional licences or can we shop around for alternatives as and when our QlikView requirements change ?

Thankyou,

MW

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Melanie

Whoever you buy your licences from will get a commission on the licence cost and also an ongoing commission on all annual support payments.  As such they will want you want to keep using them to protect their revenue stream.

However if you do fall out with a Partner, for whatever reason, then you can change to a different Partner.

I'd suggest you do ask QlikTech to confirm this though ....................

Also you can use whomsoever you wish for Consultancy.  I purchased licences from QlikTech, but use a small consultancy that is not a QlikTech Partner but is very, very good at QlikView and good value for money.

Best Regards,     Bill

Not applicable
Author

Hi Melanie,

You are tied, but very relatively. Every customer is connected to QlikTech through Partner. But you (as a Customer) can change your Partner at any time. Take in account, Partners provide First line support, so choose your Partner very carefully.

BR,

Olegs