Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcus_sommer

Problem with Inbox

Currently the Inbox here in the community didn't work like expected:

- there is no button to answer a message else you need to create a new one

- whatever I did all messages are listed as unread

- sent messages are cut after 4 lines

- Marcus

10 Replies
Mattias_Malré
Employee
Employee

Hi Marcus

Can you send me a screenshot showing what you're seeing? 

Thanks in advance

-Mattias

I accept cookies.
marcus_sommer
Author

Cut off:

cut off.JPG

Set as read/unread + reply button or something similar:

reply.JPG

Further it would be nice to have the possibility to paste pictures and links directly (just CTRL + V where the cursor is) into a posting instead of needing several click-steps with the menu-options.

- Marcus

jensmunnichs
Creator III
Creator III

Definitely agree with the CTRL+V thing, really annoying the way it works now.
Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

Hi Marcus,
on the right upper side there are 3 green dots. There you have the possibility to answer the message if the checkbox of the message is marked. There you can also mark the messages as read. But like you said, the cut after 4 lines and the missing fuctionality of strg-v is quite annoying!
marcus_sommer
Author

Yes, you are right - it worked in this way. But I would prefer an easier way directly by the messages and not using the dertour to the dots-menu. And after I click on unread I don't want to be asked to comfirm my decision - this is sooo superfluous ...

- Marcus

Mattias_Malré
Employee
Employee

Hello again @marcus_sommer

I definately agree with the ctrl-v suggestion. It's been up for duscussion in the vendor forums for a while and I just added our request for this as well. Not sure when or if we'll be able to get this feature though. 

Regarding the rest of your items. 
The four row presentation is just a preview for your Sent items. The dots just mean that you have more text in that message than what is currently displayed. To open the message you need to click on the Subject/Title of the message ("Kalenderwochen" in your example).

Regarding your last iten you need to open up the message in order to see the "reply" button. But I agree that we should revisit this functionality in order to make it as user friendly as possible. 

So I iwill take your suggestions and add them to our "focus-list" of items we'd like to investigate further. 

I hop it's ok that I reach out to you directly in case I'd need to confirm something. 

All the best

-Mattias

I accept cookies.
marcus_sommer
Author

Yes, clicking on the subject opened the message. I suggest that the subject will be highligthed in any way so that it's obvious for the user that he/she just see a preview and needs to open the message.

- Marcus

Mattias_Malré
Employee
Employee

Yes, I 100% agree! 

I accept cookies.