Qlik Community

Qlik Community Help Discussions

Discussion board for questions on how to use Qlik Community and its features.

Not applicable

Static variable

Hi Guys,

How can I make static condition if with static variable that will not be effect while making selection.

Regards,

Ayham

7 Replies
sundarakumar
Valued Contributor II

Re: Static variable

You can go for set analysis if  u deont want your selections to get reflected in the chart.

You can create a Static variable in Variable Overview.

Just use "=" while creating the variable in variable overview tab this will make it static.

Please specify condition or what variable  u want to create , so that we can help.

-Sundar

Set analysis? TOTAL prefix?

Do you have a case that we can help you with?

Peter

martinpohl
Valued Contributor II

for example

sum({<Year=>}Amount)

this will sum the amount matching to all selections without the selections in the field Year

Regards

Not applicable

Re: Re: Static variable

Thanks for your replay and kindly find the attached copy of excel sheet document,

I have excel sheet, the first tab contains the data and the second tab contains report.

I want to view the report in the same layout on the top of Qlikview.

This report has table with milt-headers.

When you open the excel sheet, you will get my Idea because I need to build conditions on constant variables to calculate report excel sheet equations.

Could you kindly please suggest for me way of how can I build this report on the same layout with same result without making any selection to get the same result of report on the top of Qlikview?

Best Regards,

Ayham

Re: Re: Re: Static variable

Something like this?

Note that QlikView is not Excel. There are things in QlikView that you cannot reproduce in Excel and vice-versa. For example all Subtotals can be put either at the top or the bottom of a range of cells. But you cannot change the positions depending on the dimension level.

Good luck,

Peter

Not applicable

Re: Re: Re: Static variable

Mr.Peter,

Is there any way to build pivot table close to report excel sheet table.

if there is, could you please upload an Qlikview document example ?

Thanks for your reply,

Ayham

AFAIK No, not without a lot of work.

Again, QlikView is not Excel.

You can try yourself to tweak colors, font sizes and positions so that it better suits your user.

Good luck,

Peter