Skip to main content
Melissa_Potvin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dear Community,  When we launched on our new platform in November 2018 a very limited set of gamification options were deployed and an out-of-the-box ranking structure was utilized.   We are now evolving to the next phase.   On Monday, May 11  we are deploying 'phase 1' gamification updates to our Qlik community.    Phase 1 will accomplish 4 objectives:

1. New Imagery
    Newly created by Qlik Brand & Creative Services Team, all rank and badge imagery will be updated utilizing the Qlik brand color palette and I'm confident you will find them far more fabulous than what we have today. 

2. Increasing # of badge opportunities
    We have added over 50+ new badge opportunities! Which means you will be able to REALLY collect them and show them off on your profile page.   You can see what badges another member has by hovering over their name in the community.   While we know this is serious business, it is also meant to be fun!   (note: May 11, 2020 -  when we go live with the new badges this will trigger a notification alert in the community if you've already earned that new badge.  For our most active members, this may mean many system alerts.  For this reason we decided to do a slow roll out.  It may take a few business days for all the badges to be 'live' - this is nothing to be concerned about). 

Order of the new badges going out:
    May 11
     -Likes Given 
    - Topics Created

May 12
    Solutions Authored

A
    sneak peek at a few of our new badges:  image.png

3. New Rank Names
    New Rank names have been customized for Qlik Community. They are designed to show a progression in ones level of credibility and also to be globally easy to understand.   We vetted our rank names with our Community MVP's as well and we thank all MVPs for their feedback. 

If your rank name was "Original Title" it will automatically change to "New Title" as follows:
    image.png

4. New Rank Icons
    Rank Icons are visual indicators of a persons rank. Our new rank icons are prominently displayed on user posts and on leaderboards.   Some ranks are receiving an updated image while some ranks had no icon whatsoever, so this is a nice improvement. 
    image.png

To learn more about what changes to expect I encourage you to review the attached deck.    

There is so much more we know we can do with gamification.  Trust me, we know!  Please keep in mind this will be an evolution.  We hope you will enjoy the changes - we plan to deploy on Monday, May 11 - in the Evening (EST)

See you online and go get those badges!

26 Comments
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

love it!

Game on! 💪

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

There is no badge for Partner who is MVP and/or Luminary - just observation 🙂

0 Likes
Melissa_Potvin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lech! hope you are doing well. We do have a partner icon! Look above it is a handshake image.  Better then just a “P” ! 

but wait.. you raise an interesting point I think you’re asking if there is an icon for someone who is a partner and also an MVP and/or luminary correct? duly noted my friend... will action! 

0 Likes
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

@Melissa_Potvin 

correct - If someone is a partner and mvp, or partner and luminary, or partner and mvp and luminary then we dont have a badge for such scenarios. 

Although I would be more than happy to sacrifice my Partner badge for MVP or Luminary - if I earn it one day 🙂

Melissa_Potvin
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is correct. For now and in this scenario - if member is both a partner and MVP they would receive the MVP badge only.  

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Also, It seems like once you get a rank like Partner, Support, MVP etc... the other score based ranks become irrelevant so you can be a Partner with theoretically newbie title or champion title, but you won't know what is your actual "earned" rank. Is this going to change?

0 Likes
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hallo,

Great to see all the badges come rolling in this morning!

One observation though, on the Likes Given and Topics Started there are tiered badges. There are not however tiers on Likes Received or Consecutive Days, once you hit five likes and ten days you are on the same level as anyone else who has done the same.

It seems to encourage giving likes more than contributing quality content that receives likes.

This seems a bit strange to me.

Thanks for all your efforts on the Community though, it's all really appreciated!

Cheers,
Steve

Vegar
MVP
MVP

I would suggest to remove the duplicate lower value badges profile the badges overview, alternatively sort them to the far right in the collection. 

Vegar_0-1589266651666.png

If I receive the 750 likes given badge then its obvious that I've previously received the 250, 100, 50, 25, 10 and 5 badges as well. Right now you would have to scroll to see yellow and pink badges. 

0 Likes
Melissa_Potvin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz ,  possibly yes!  For phase 2 we are considering unique rank possibilities for certain groups like partners, support, etc.   I agree with you that this is needed.   

0 Likes
Melissa_Potvin
Community Manager
Community Manager

hi @stevedark ,  thank you as always for your support and feedback.  This evening a second wave of tiered badges will deploy for Likes ReceivedReplies Authored,  and Solutions Authored.   I was concerned to bombard everyone with system notifications in one full sweep.  More coming tonight! 

For likes and replies  the tier goes up 25K in this fashion.   

For solutions and topics it varies as follows:

Definitely will want more MVP feedback as we use them and get to see how they work in reality.   I'm expecting we will want to make some adjustments.