Qlik Community

Qlik Community Manager Blog

Updates for Qlik Community offerings, announcements and changes.

sli
Valued Contributor II

How to Bookmark and access all of your favorite QlikCommunity content

The bookmarks functionality has changed a bit. Here are quick steps to Bookmark and access all of your favorite QlikCommunity content.

Go to a specific piece of content such as a Discussion Thread, Document or Blog Post

On the upper right hand side of the screen you will see ways to interact with the content (Follow / Share / Bookmark / Like)

Click on the Bookmark link and the Icon will turn red to confirm

bookmarked blog image.jpg

Click on the small cascading menu arrow if you want to edit or remove your Bookmark

bookmark blog image add bookmark.jpg

In Edit mode you have the option to Add Notes, @Mention, Tag and make Private.

bookmark pop up window.jpg

To access your Bookmarks go to your Profile

bookmark click on your profile.jpg

From your profile page select the Bookmarks tab

Here you can View and Edit your Bookmarks

bookmarks tab on profile.jpg

We hope you find this tip useful.

22 Comments
brindlogcool
Contributor III

I have created a lot of bookmarks earlier i lost everything can you please let us know what happened?

When there is something coming new it is good but should not break the exsisting things. It is not the first time happening from Qlikview community. If we question it there is no answer for it.

Partner
Partner

Thanks Sara, but how do you follow an influential user in the new community?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks Sara ,But I can not see my previously created bookmarks which is utmost important to me.Please help

sli
Valued Contributor II

Brindlogcool Can you please validate if you now have NO bookmarks or there are some? Do you know approximately how many you had? We are investigating this and need examples of people who have checked and can verify that they lost their bookmarks.

The previous time when you lost bookmarks was probably when we changed community platforms and unfortunately that is always challenging because technology and content types never truly match up.

We will do our best to recover your bookmarks!

0 Likes
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

I had about two pages of bookmarks. I now only have one bookmark because I manually un-bookmarked that document first and then bookmarked it again.

Here's one I also have/had bookmarked. The document does have the indicator Bookmarked. bookmarked01.png

Note also that the document is bookmarked, but shows 0 as the number of times it's been bookmarked.

The document however does not show up in my list of bookmarks:

bookmarked02.png

Ok, let's add another bookmark to show what happens.

It looks like this after I un-bookmark the document:

bookmarked03.png

Now I bookmark it again:

bookmarked04.png

And it now shows up in my bookmarks:

bookmarked05.png

I really hope those hidden bookmarks can be retrieved because it's a pain to have to find them all manually, un-bookmark and re-bookmark them.

sli
Valued Contributor II

Michael Solomon

Mouse over or Click on a members name- if you mouse over a pop up window will appear or if you click their name it will take you to their profile and then on the right hand side you can 'friend' them and then select where you want to follow their activities. I just sent you a friend request.

add friend.jpg

0 Likes
Partner
Partner

Thanks Sara, I just tried that with a few different people and when I clicked "Add as Friend", a note came up on each to say the request will need to be approved.  Is this normal?

0 Likes
sli
Valued Contributor II

The system does this as a default to protect your privacy settings etc. Did you receive anything in your Activity Stream for me adding you as a friend?

Note that for our community we are on the Jive platform- and like all technology platforms they continue to innovate through version upgrades. Most companies will do a major upgrade annually or bi-annually for these things. Unfortunately they are never seamless so feedback and patience is valued as we identify and address any issues.

TY

0 Likes
Partner
Partner

I can't see anything in my Activity Stream as a request by you to befriend me, but I do see you listed under People > Friend.

0 Likes
MVP
MVP

Sara,

I also miss all my bookmarks (ca. 100). No bookmarks are displayed when looking into the bookmarks section in my profile or by clicking into the search bar.

For example, I've had bookmarked this document:

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-1335

As for Gysbert, if I visit the document, the bookmark icon is red, but total number is zero. I can select edit action and see my comments and tags.

So the information must be still present somewhere in the system, right? This is good news, giving a little hope that you might be able to revitalize the old bookmarks.

0 Likes
brindlogcool
Contributor III

First of all thanks for response.

I have checked i have none of old bookmarks. I am having two bookmarks which i have created after the new changes in the community

I had created a lot of bookmarks some of Posts from HIC and other posts related to performace and so on.

It is very important for me.As i mentioned changes are good but bookmarks are important to me i dont want to loose it.

Also i lost my ideas and created a post for it. But there is no response. Could you please check that as well.

Defnitely i am not happy on the changes. There are so many things missing.

0 Likes
mjt_childrens
New Contributor III

Like others have mentioned, I too have none of my previous bookmarks.   Is there any hope for restoring this information?

0 Likes
sli
Valued Contributor II

Thanks Martha- I'm doing my best to find a way to retrieve them. I have a ticket open and we are researching. I will definitely get back to everyone when  I have a definitive result. I will add you to the list of those who have confirmed the loss of previous bookmarks.

0 Likes
brindlogcool
Contributor III

Hi Sara,

I had one more request as i mentioned i lost the ideas as well. Do i need to recreate it ? could you please respond to it.

0 Likes
Sajid_Mahmood
Contributor

Hi Sara,

I have lot all my previous bookmarks. Those bookmarks were really critical. Please retreive them linked to my user name.

Regards

Sajid Mahmood

0 Likes
jayaramp
New Contributor II

Hi Sara,

I also don't find my bookmarks in the upgraded QV Community website. Please do the needful at the earliest.

Thanks for all your help,

Jay

0 Likes
marcus_malinow
Valued Contributor III

Hi Sara,

Can I add my name to the list of those who lost their bookmarks?

Marcus

0 Likes
Partner
Partner

Yep, all bookmarks are gone

0 Likes
Not applicable

It's interesting.  If I go to a page that I bookmarked in the previous version, the system recognizes I have a bookmark.  However, when I go to my bookmark list that is where the entries are missing.  Moreover, for those items that were previously bookmarked, in order to get them to show up in the new bookmark list you have to remove and add the bookmark again.

0 Likes
sli
Valued Contributor II

Hello QlikCommunity members,

It looks like we have been able to successfully retrieve your bookmarks. I have confirmed with several people on this thread that their bookmarks are accessible again. Please let me know if you have any additional questions and thanks for your patience as we worked through this.

0 Likes
sspe_dgs_com
Contributor II

Hi,

Would it be possible to make it easier to access Bookmarks? E.g. with a direct link in the "menu" bar or under "Content" where there are access to other things?

Regards

Steen

arsalanam
Contributor

Looks like getting to your Bookmarks has become more difficult lately.

Now, I can't even see any "Bookmarks" link.

Have to go to :

https://community.qlik.com/bookmarks

Am I missing something here.

Thanks.