Qlik Community

Qlik Community Manager Blog

Updates for Qlik Community offerings, announcements and changes.

Announcements
BI & Data Trends 2021. Discover the top 10 trends emerging in today. Join us on Dec. 8th REGISTER
Anonymous
Not applicable

The bookmarks functionality has changed a bit. Here are quick steps to Bookmark and access all of your favorite QlikCommunity content.

Go to a specific piece of content such as a Discussion Thread, Document or Blog Post

On the upper right hand side of the screen you will see ways to interact with the content (Follow / Share / Bookmark / Like)

Click on the Bookmark link and the Icon will turn red to confirm

bookmarked blog image.jpg

Click on the small cascading menu arrow if you want to edit or remove your Bookmark

bookmark blog image add bookmark.jpg

In Edit mode you have the option to Add Notes, @Mention, Tag and make Private.

bookmark pop up window.jpg

To access your Bookmarks go to your Profile

bookmark click on your profile.jpg

From your profile page select the Bookmarks tab

Here you can View and Edit your Bookmarks

bookmarks tab on profile.jpg

We hope you find this tip useful.

22 Comments
Partner
Partner

Thanks Sara, I just tried that with a few different people and when I clicked "Add as Friend", a note came up on each to say the request will need to be approved.  Is this normal?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The system does this as a default to protect your privacy settings etc. Did you receive anything in your Activity Stream for me adding you as a friend?

Note that for our community we are on the Jive platform- and like all technology platforms they continue to innovate through version upgrades. Most companies will do a major upgrade annually or bi-annually for these things. Unfortunately they are never seamless so feedback and patience is valued as we identify and address any issues.

TY

0 Likes
Partner
Partner

I can't see anything in my Activity Stream as a request by you to befriend me, but I do see you listed under People > Friend.

0 Likes
MVP
MVP

Sara,

I also miss all my bookmarks (ca. 100). No bookmarks are displayed when looking into the bookmarks section in my profile or by clicking into the search bar.

For example, I've had bookmarked this document:

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-1335

As for Gysbert, if I visit the document, the bookmark icon is red, but total number is zero. I can select edit action and see my comments and tags.

So the information must be still present somewhere in the system, right? This is good news, giving a little hope that you might be able to revitalize the old bookmarks.

0 Likes
Creator III
Creator III

First of all thanks for response.

I have checked i have none of old bookmarks. I am having two bookmarks which i have created after the new changes in the community

I had created a lot of bookmarks some of Posts from HIC and other posts related to performace and so on.

It is very important for me.As i mentioned changes are good but bookmarks are important to me i dont want to loose it.

Also i lost my ideas and created a post for it. But there is no response. Could you please check that as well.

Defnitely i am not happy on the changes. There are so many things missing.

0 Likes
Contributor III
Contributor III

Like others have mentioned, I too have none of my previous bookmarks.   Is there any hope for restoring this information?

0 Likes