Skip to main content
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Community Members!

The Qlik Community team has been hard at work making a number of enhancements to the community's user interface this month to improve our members' user experience. Here are our top ten enhancements of the last month.

1. Home Page Filters

The Recent Discussions feed on the Qlik Community Home Page now has a boards filter so that you can choose which boards you would like to see posts from, all in one place.

2019-03-27 Home Page Boards Filter.png

To use it, click on Select Board(s) to open a drop-down menu of community discussion boards. Check the box next to the ones you want to see posts from, and then click the Go button. The Recent Discussions feed will update, and the Recent, Unanswered, Unsolved, and Solved tabs will update to show posts of those types from the selected boards.

To reset the selected boards back to all, reopen the drop-down menu and click the Clear button.2019-03-27 Home Page Boards Filter Selected.png

2. Profile Hovercard

You can now hover of a member's username to see a nifty hovercard with info about that user, including the number of Posts, Likes, Solutions provided, and more.2019-03-27 Member Hovercard.png

3. Subscribe for Updates

We've added a callout for the Subscribe button to let members know you can subscribe to forums or boards that you'd like to get updates on.2019-03-27 Subscribe Callout.png

Once subscribed, the callout disappears, and the Subscribe button turns into an Unsubscribe button which you can use to remove the subscription.2019-03-27 Subscribe - Unsubscribe.png

Tip: To see your subscriptions and manage your notification settings, go to My Settings > Subscriptions & Notifications > Notification Settings. You can also use the My Subscriptions shortcut from your username menu.

2019-03-27 My Subscriptions Shortcut.png

4. Label Subscriptions

On forum pages, you can click on a Label listed in the Top Labels component to display a list of posts in that forum that have that label. You can subscribe to that particular label by clicking Subscribe in the green banner on that page.2019-03-27 Subscribe to Labels.png

5. Qlik Events

Qlik Events is now on the top level of the navigation menu, and contains separate pages for Events & Webinars and Meetups

2019-03-27 Qlik Events Menu.png

Tip: You can now subscribe to the Qlik Events page to get notifications when new Events & Webinars are added, and many webinars are available On Demand after the live events have taken place.

2019-03-27 Events and Webinars.png

6. Nested Replies Indented on Discussion Threads

On discussion threads, replies to replies now indent successively. A new reply to the original post will be less indented than a reply to a reply.2019-03-27 Nested Replies Indent.png

7. Document Filters

Document boards now have a Most Liked tab to sort documents by the number of Likes, and we've added the Select Filters drop-down for Most Popular and Most Viewed sorting like you've seen on discussion boards.2019-03-27 Document Board Most Liked - Most Popular - Most Viewed.png

8. Document Comments Bug Fix

We've fixed a bug that was causing document comments to appear misaligned. They now appear aligned as expected.

2019-03-27 Document Comment Alignment.png

9. Save Blog as Draft

For members who are blog authors, there is now a button to save a blog post as a draft to be retrieved later.2019-03-27 Blog Post Save as Draft.pngTip: To access your drafts (regardless of content type), go to My Profile and scroll down to the Drafts section. There you can open your draft to continue editing and publish, or you can discard the draft from here.2019-03-27 My Profile - Drafts.png

10. MVP & Luminary Combined Rank Icon

For those members who are Qlik Community MVPs as well as Qlik Luminaries, we've added a new rank icon to specially recognize their membership in both groups. Congratulations to our MVPs & Luminaries!

2019-03-27 MVP & Luminary Rank Icon.png

There you have it! Let us know which of these updates you like the most by commenting below.

Best regards,

Jeremy and the Qlik Community team

PS - For more info about some of the previous updates we've made, check out the Fixed Items and New Features List.

2 Comments
Or
MVP
MVP

I was super excited about #1 -  one of the most frustrating things about using the home page is that it contains a ton of content from subjects I'm not interested in, so being able to filter those out would be a significant upgrade. Unfortunately, it looks like these filters aren't saved across sessions, making it a total non-starter for my use case. Hopefully that's a target for future releases...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Or,

Thanks for the feedback! I'll be sure to bring it up with my team.

Best,
Jeremy

0 Likes